chapter 65: the captain's back

Start from the beginning

A grin breaks out on Aragorn's face. He nods at the ghost king. "and we shall." 

I turn to the fleet with a smile, I'll be getting my revenge, and the whole fleet will be destroyed at that. But...there was one ship, it was bigger and the sails were different. It was a perfect triangle, almost like mine. The black ships had more of upturned square sails.

My eyes widen at the realization. What have they done?

"are you two done?" I intercepted Aragorn and the king of the dead's planning. The ghost grunts in response and disappears again.

Aragorn frowns at the sudden change in my behaviour. We already had the dead army, what else in the world was my narrowing eyes asking for ?

"um....yeah. We should go down. Keep the element of surprise." Aragorn explains to us. "Remember they don't-"

"Do you recognize that ship?" I stared at my ship. The one oddball of the fleet.

Aragorn blinked. "which one?" His eyes squint as he tries to make out the small spots from up here.

"The bigger one, it has triangle sails. No lines on em."

Legolas and Gimli looked at each other with questioning looks. They've never seen my ship before.

"The one that's in the middle, about 5 ships behind? yes why?" Aragorn shifts his weight on one leg. 

"You've been on it before." I said, spite in my tone.

Aragorn's lips parted as he realizes. 

"Come on." I wave them over, already walking down the mountain.

"How come you've been on that ship yet know nothing of the black ships?" Legolas asked, a confused frown on his face.

"because it's not apart of it." Aragorn stated with wide eyes before running over to me. "did you know?" He struggles to keep up with my pace. My anger was driving my entire body that my strides were almost too fast for Aragorn to keep up.

"I knew jack shit." I sneered, unbuttoning my coat. Suddenly the chill breeze of the wind was gone, but instead a raging fire was burning around me. "but I'll have to ask the captain in charge."

                                                              *~*~*

I focused on the ships, avoiding mine in particular. I should be happy about seeing them. I mean, my family is coming back to me right in a snap without me needing to go back to Rivendell. I could just hop on from here and leave my past behind again.

But no. They instead disobeyed my orders. It was bad enough that they'll have to fight and risk themselves in this war, but joining the black ships? When they knew how badly they stabbed us in the back? Presposterous.

"You may go no further." Aragorn demands as their ships reach us.

The captain rises from his seat. A flash of recognition and surprise feigns his face.

"You will not enter Gondor." Aragorn repeated matter of factly.

The crew laughed. "Who are you to deny us passage?" The man scowled, then he turns to me. A smug grin bearing his teeth. "Ah, captain Maeral. How do you do?"

I stared at him. How I wanted to shred that face alive.

I smiled. It was not good to be vulnerable in front of your enemies. Instead, try and be as charismatic as you can. It'll set them off.

"Better than the last time you've seen me, Banyu." I put my hands in my pockets. "Now what brings you to Gondor? Were you also not a fugitive above ground like me?"