06

06:

The new week rolled around and it's once again a Monday. Keran sat on her swivel chair and just like everyone else, hating the day. Who even likes Mondays, anyway? Maybe her best friend. Lin Fan is just someone who always sees the brightest scene and angle of things. Unfortunately for Keran, the same couldn't be said about her. So, there she sat, staring up at the boring gray ceiling, bored out of her mind. There was only a few more minutes until lunch anyway.

"Lu Keran!"

The sudden intrusion jerked her and almost made her land on the tiled floor. Lithe fingers wrapped around the arms of her chair, Keran looked up only to see Naiwan on her doorway. She glared at the girl as she shifted back to her seat.

"Pete's sake, your paying if that door broke."

"Lu Keran!" Annoyance could be traced in Naiwan's tone as she closed the door shut and marched towards Keran. "You little shit sabotaged my set-up date!"

Keran's brows rose slightly and she gave out a mere "huh?"

"Don't 'huh' me!" Naiwan snapped as she landed on the chair in front of the other. "Liu Lingzi told me everything!"

The statement made Keran pause and her eyes et the glaring ones of her friend. But she was quick to get over it and turn away. "I don't know what you're on about."

"Lu Keran, you conniving little - ugh!" Naiwan could only let out a groan of annoyance and rub at her forehead. "Why the fuck would you scare Lingzi off? Now she looked like some ass and Lin Fan must've felt horrible."

"She didn't."

"What?"

"Lin Fan didn't feel miserable. She was fine."

Keran watched as Naiwan's brows knotted and she went silent. Just sitting there and staring as if she could see right through her soul. Sensing that it wont be long until Naiwan figure it all out, she turned away.

It was true. That Saturday at the mall was no coincidence at all.

The night before that day, she found herself unable to fall asleep. Tossing and turning and her head infested with hundreds of thoughts about what was about to happen in a couple of hours. Her best friend is going on a date and she's not really sure how to feel. When was even the last time Lin Fan has gone on a date? Maybe in college?

It doesn't matter. What does is the fact that it's not sitting well with her. There was a cruel urge in her mind to not let it happen and she found herself feeling upset and almost worried.

Lin Fan is going on a date with a model. And what if... just what if she ends up really liking her? It wouldn't be so impossible considering that they work in the same industry. And that girl is a model. Of course she's gonna be so pretty and then they would get together and be married by the - no way!

That very same train of thoughts was what led her to do what she did the next day. She did not really think that it would work and Liu Lingzi would actually back away. But the girl did and Keran took it as a sign that the other was not that interested with Lin Fan in the first place.

"So you did sabotage it! Geez, what were you thinking - were you even thinking at all?"

Keran's eyes narrowed as they stared at Naiwan. "I wouldn't call it sabotage." She said and rolled her eyes before continuing. "It was more like a test. If she really liked Lin Fan then she shouldn't have been fazed by me."

"Who the fuck wouldn't be fazed when they're, quote on quote, threatened to regret even thinking about going on a date with Lin Fan? Much more by you?"

"It's not a big deal. I was just making sure she was good enough." Keran reasoned.