"Yes Syre." She rolled her eyes in frustration with her arms crossed right above her belly. She could feel his eyes that lingered on her until he finally let go of, but not without pulling her folded arms apart to intertwine their fingers.

"Aight then, what's wrong?" His voice never raised once from his newfound knowledge of treating the woman he loved with care. He didn't feed into her attitudes the way he used to, because it got them nowhere.

Staring for a minute, Amerie eventually broke her hardened expression to breathe out shaky "You don't get scared walking when it's dark like this? You don't get nervous people might be watching you and just...waiting for that opportunity?" She looked up at him as he walked backwards with her until his back hit up against the gate.

His hands lowered to grip her waist tightly, pressing their bodies as close together as possible in the little area they occupied. Nobody else stood where they did, behind the rides.

"...Do you get scared?" He glanced down at her briefly, before looking back up at the flashing colorful lights ahead of them.

"Yes, I do." She breathed out, her eyes glued to his face despite him keeping his focus over her. "Every single time you leave the house I'm scared, and I pray over you that you'll return home safely. I can't do too much because I knew what I was signing up for from the beginning, you've always been honest with me about that but...it's so much more real now when I need you to be home for not only me, but our little one too." She held her belly gently, watching as his eyes trailed down to stare at the clothed bump.

His finger under her chin raised her head back up to meet his darkened eyes. "Anytime I'm out, you the main thing on my mind. I can't make promises that I can't be certain about, but I promise Ian letting nobody take me out this bitch without at least a lil fight. You know that shit, niggas got shot in the neck for you just a couple weeks in and I'm still alive."

"That's not enough comfort-."

"Ion know what to tell you ma, I'm not bout to lie to you and I ain't just gon sugarcoat shit. Unless you tryna hear the brutal truth then-."

"I want to hear it." She quickly cut him off, keeping her eyes locked on his that stared down emotionless.

Shaking his head, Syre ran his hand down his face. Not expecting her answer to be that. "You don't."

"I do, please." Amerie took a step forward, her eyes never leaving his. "Just tell me, I need to know brutally." She urged him, seeing the clear reluctance but she didn't care.

"...It'll be a miracle if I make it past 35, and I'm 27 now. I've been close to death so many times, and at some point that luck shit runs out and reality comes back. I believe in karma, and I've taken enough lives to know my karma gon come back and hit me eventually. The same way I've taken niggas from they girl and kids, they family...I'm not dumb enough to walk around thinking that shit can't or won't happen with me. Security and shit ain't enough, and I really don't even walk around with them niggas unless I'm with you or family. But I'm not immortal, and that's the honest truth. Ion got 9 lives, none of that. The day I die will most likely be from a murder, and I've accepted that since I was a teen." He explained with his hands never stopping the caress of her sides.

He could sense the tenseness in her body, the same way he felt it. She tried to hide her discomfort, but it was obvious from how well he knew her.

"You know how in love with you I am?" He leant down to speak into her ear, seeing as she wouldn't be the one to speak first. His lips pressed the most tender kiss directly under her ear where her 'S' tattoo sat. "I'll do anything and everything to make you happy, and I mean that shit." He mumbled, keeping her body close as his eyes scanned the fair in the distance away from where they stood. "I'd take my last breath at your hands, if it means youn got to be hurt knowing someone else took me away from you." He spoke softly.