"It fell under my side," she said quietly.

I reluctantly withdrew from her warmth and went to her side of the bed.

After feeling around under the bed frame for a moment, my fingers found purchase on something cold and hard.

"Thank you," Leah said as she accepted the jewelry from me.

She guided the pointy back of the earring through her lobe.

"I've missed you," I told her, clasping my hand to her jaw.

She licked at her mouth as our eyes met. "I missed you too, baby. I'm exhausted."

"I know you are." I knelt and placed my hands on the top of her thighs. "We're going to get a break soon. Promise."

Nodding, she smiled. "I love what I do, though. And I'm so happy I get to do it with you."

She had no idea how wonderful those words made me feel.

All my life, I'd wanted a strong, fierce woman to love.

I looked for her in every wrong place. My journey earned me many scars that I knew I'd always bear.

With her, all the past pain was endurable.

As long as I had this woman's love, I could keep my sanity. I could imagine a future for myself and for her, for us.

In fact, I could no longer envision a life or a future without her in it. Such a thing no longer existed.

I rose to my feet and drew her with me. My lips found her soft ones in a gentle caress. I stroked a hand down her supple figure.

"I love you," I murmured into her cool skin.

Then I pressed her against the bed and kissed her more roughly, cupping her jaw in one hand and round ass in the other.

After a moment, her harsh breathing sounded like music to my ears. I fucking loved seeing her flustered.

Her cheeks were flushed, eyes downward and shy. I pecked both of her cheeks.

"I love you more," she whispered huskily.

She didn't protest as I led her toward the bedroom door.

"That's never a contest you're gonna win, baby," I reminded her.

We climbed into my Tesla and Leah immediately took my right hand into hers. She cradled our tangled fingers on her lap and massaged them between her thighs.

She always got grabby in the car. If my driving required both hands to safely execute, she tended to sulk until our unified posture was restored. I couldn't help but find it completely endearing, as she was rarely a needy woman.

She was so fiercely independent that I knew she would be alright on her own if she ever had to be—god forbid something happen to me.

In moments like these, when she always had a hand or even a finger on some part of my body, I knew she needed me at least a little. Some part of her craved my touch and relied on it for her well-being.

ADDICTEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें