MOTHER-IN-LAW'S OUTFIT

Start from the beginning

("Yeah, it's...um dress and jewelry. To wear in Muh Dikhayi....".... "It's all your mother's.")

Listening to that he turned around surprised but not shocked. He replied with an ohh and went to the washroom. And she sat on the bed, surprised herself as she thought he might get angry if he knew she was going to wear his mother's dress and jewellery. But nothing happened like that.

"You won't mind if I wear this." She asked pointing at boxes as he came out of the washroom.

"Why would I" He said casually and shrugged his shoulders. Sitting beside her, he said, "In fact, I'll be happy to see you in Mumma's dress. I'm sure you will look beautiful in this." He said with his charming smile.

'Either my parents always overreacted for everything I did till date. Or these people are too cool. They are okay with everything. Half day is completed and till now no one has scolded me or said anything.' She thought.

"Umm..ok then you get ready. I'll sit in the living area with everyone. Call me if you need anything." He said to which she nodded, standing up from his place and he left.

She started getting ready. First of all did her makeup then hair. After wearing her blouse and underskirt, she started wearing saree.

In the living area, Abhay was sitting with his cousins and sister-in-law who were teasing him and questioning about his first night and he was just blushing saying nothing happened like that. Though they knew that he was slow in those things, but still asking him again and again just to tease him.

That's when the door bell rang and Sonali went to open the door excusing herself. At the same time Ahana came and an elderly lady was standing at the door in a white linen saree with the golden border. Her facial expressions were hard, looking at her Sonali gulped and before she could let her in.

"Ab kya darwaze par hi khada rakho gi. Anshu ki bahu." The woman said.

("Now will you keep me standing at the door itself. Anshu's wife.")

"Sorry. Aaiye bua ji." Sonali said apologetically.

("Sorry. Come in Aunt.")

"Abhi Ghar mein pair bhi nahi rakha aur inka sorry puran shuru ho gya." The woman said and entered the house muttering, "Angrez chale gaye aur sorry chod gaye."

("Haven't even set foot in the house yet and her Sorry Purana (religious verses) has started."..."The British left and left sorry behind.")

Ahana came and touched her feet she blessed her with a tight lip smile. Aryaman hugged his cousin sister, Vasundhara, who is his only sister now after the death of Abhay's mother. The younger generation also took her blessings. Then Abhay came and bent down to touch her feet to take blessings but she stopped him.