CHAPTER 4

"so what do you wanna do" dewey asks as the 2 enter the trailer 

"hm not sure has mom replied to you yet" Dakota asks and dewey turns on his phone before shaking his head "oh right"

"so Wes seems to be keeping you happy, treating you well, his a good boy Kota I have a good feeling about him"

"thanks dad and yeah he's really nice, ive fallen thats for sure" Dakota says making a small smile rise on her father face.

"as long as he makes you happy" dewey says and Dakota smiles "look Kota, I know I haven't been the best dad and you live in a shitty trailer while your mom is off in some big apartment in New York somewhere, but believe me when I say ill try be better, give you that life you never got" 

"dad, its fine honestly, as long as ive got you im fine and I dont care if we live in a tiny shitty ass trailer, its the memories that count" Dakota says making dewey smile 

"love you Kota" he says pulling her into a hug.

"love you more dad" Dakota says as Deweys phone starts to ring "is that mom"

"no its the sherif department" dewey says answering the phone "hello" 

"what is it" Dakota asks as dewey hangs the phone up without saying anything.

"fuck kota quickly get in the car" dewey says grabbing the keys and running out of the trailer.

"I will after you tell me what the fuck is going on" Dakota says making her father sigh.

"get in the car and ill tell you" dewey says starting the car as Dakota rolls her eyes getting in.

"dad please tell me whats happening, your worrying me" Dakota says and dewey looks over at her with a mix or fear and sadness on his face. "dad" she questions and dewey sighs 

"there was an attack at Wes' house" dewey says as Dakotas face drops with tears forming in her eyes.

"sorry what" she asks and he nods "is he ok" 

"kota" dewey whispers making the teen shake her head.

"no please, tell me Wes is ok, dad" Dakota sobs as dewey places a hand on her shoulder "please tell me he's ok, I cant lose him, not yet, I need him" Dakota says sobbing making Deweys heart drop as he has to listen to the screams and sobs of his daughter.

"Dakota, im really sorry" dewey says and she shakes her head.

"out of anyone why Wes" 

"the world is an unfair place but were gonna find the guy who has done all this" 

"you bet we are" Dakota says wiping the tears of her face "is Judy ok though" 

"no she didnt make either from what I heard, but I was told to quickly make my way over there" dewey says pulling up towards the house, there were reporters, cops, paramedics everywhere. "its ok Kota" dewey says placing a kiss on the teens head and she nods hoping out of the car and rushing over to the scene.