chapter 6 - the mockingjay

You tried to stand on the branch but your leg hurt too much

You tried to stand on the branch but your leg hurt too much. The burn would certainly get worse if you didn't treat it now, but with what? You sit down again, you see Rue leave. She left you. You look at the sky. The sun was going to fully rise in a few minutes and careers will wake up. You were meant to die here. You remember what Haymitch said about sponsors. They could save your life. You really need it there. Then suddenly you hear a light music and you see a small parachute appear in front of your nose. It contains a box.

In the box you could find a kind of pomade. In the box there was also a note, you open the little paper and you read :

Put that on your burns generously, and survive. - H

He hadn't forgotten you and he had saved your life. You apply the pomade on your burns and directly it has an effect. You feel much better, in your bag you look for a piece of fabric that you wrap around your leg. You manage to stand and you pull Clove's knife out of your pocket. You hear murmurs downstairs, you have to hurry otherwise they will all be up soon. In an energetic way you cut the branch, except that cutting some wasps stings you, at first you feel no effect except pain but the more you cut, the worse you felt. Your muscles were hurting you and you risked falling several times. Then when there was only a piece of wood left to hold the hive you put a sharp blow on this part so that the hive falls on Glimmer.

With the hive destroyed, the wasps escape and attack the quarries. You feel more and more bad on the other hand, you try to catch up with the tree but you can't as everything around you is blurry.

Down there's no one left, the last ones got what they could and escaped. Only Glimmer's dead body remains. You must leave now and find shelter because your condition is only getting worse. You jump and your leg hurts terribly but you have to move forward. You see more, just the colors when you see Peeta in front of you. Is it your imagination or is it really him? You touch his face to check and it's really him.

- what are you doing y/n ! go !

You don't understand what he means but you get Glimmer's bow and arrows and try to run. But after a while you collapse on the ground.

You wake up, you're not wearing your jacket and your body is covered in bandages. You smell leaves and flowers. You still feel a little weird but you feel better. You look around you. You could see your bag, the bow of Glimmer, some leaves and berries. You try to get up but a voice stops you.

- you should'nt. you're still a bit weak.

It was Rue. She came back.

- it was you who did.. all of this ? you asked while searching in your bag to check if nothing disappeared.

- yeah, you passed out.

You turn to her and thank her. She had saved you, if you had found yourself alone in the woods, passed out, you would have died.