3

You thank LunchRush as you grab a small amount of food and go to a table, thankfully it was class time so you didn't have to deal with any students. You stay silent but then a figure slips into the chair in front of you, you tiredly look up and see Shinso sitting in front of you with a friendly smile. It had been a few days since he started working here and you had avoided him, regardless of the situation and however many times your co-workers tried to force you into the same room as him.

'Hi, my name's Hitoshi Shinso!' He grins and offers a hand, a confused expression appears on your face and you lower your fork.

'What are you doing, Shinso?' You say after you swallow your mouthful, but Hitoshi's grin grows.

'Introducing myself.'

'Why?'

'Because I want to start over, become friends with you again.'

'You ditched me and our relationship so that you could become a pro and prove how great you are.' You snarl and Shinso winces slightly before sighing, you finish your food and stand up. Shinso follows you as you return the tray and down the hall, his footsteps echoing through the halls like yours were.

'I'm sorry for leaving.' You chuckle under your breath and sigh, before turning to face him with a pissed-off expression.

'Don't you think you're 11 years too late?' You snap sarcastically. 'You could've at least called or popped in for a quick visit but noooooo, hero work is more important than your own friendship, let alone relationship.'

'Y/n, please!'

'Don't "Y/n, please!" me, it was your choice and it was like you completely erased me from memory.'

'That's not true.'

'Then what happened? Hm?' Shinso doesn't respond and guiltily looks away and you exhale heavily. 'I have a class to teach next period, so don't bother trying to come and talk to me.' You huff and leave, leaving him standing in the middle of the hallway with his heart running at a hundred kilometres a second.

---

Hitoshi enters the teacher's lounge and was greeted by a loud gasp and hug that came from Mic, Shinso chuckles and hugs him.

'How has the rising star been?' Mic grins and hands him his cup of coffee, Hitoshi shrugs and sips it.

'It's been alright I guess.'

'I apologise for not seeing you earlier, you know how the demands are when it comes to radios!'

'Yeah.' Hitoshi mumbles through gritted teeth, forcing a smile to be on his face. 'Mic-'

'Call me Yamada, we are co-workers after all.' Mic smiles.

'Right,' He mutters. 'Yamada, how did you get Aizawa to like you back?' Yamada sighs and brings Shinso to the couch and the two take a seat.

'Well, it took years, starting off from when we were students here to when we became teachers.'

'It took that long?' Mic nods and leans back.

'Most of my attempts failed, teasing, joking, etc. But then when I was finally honest, he admitted that he liked me back and that was, what, 20 years ago?'

'You think honesty is the way to go?'

'Well, it's better than lying, that's for sure. Just approach her at a suitable time and be honest, it'll go a lot further than lying.'

'I suppose you're right.'

'Also tease her a bit,' Yamada smirks. 'Hopefully, it'll have an effect on her.'

'If teasing her fails, I'm never taking advice from you again.'

'Suit yourself.' Mic shrugs and stands. 'It's how I won your old man.'

'You sure about that?' The duo looked towards the door and saw Aizawa leaning against the doorframe with a smirk, Hizashi walks to him and side hugs him.

'Very sure.' He says and pecks his lips before leaving.

'Don't trust him with advice.' He says and leaves as well.