Dalek

Jack, dad, Rose, and I step out of the Tardis to see we're in a dark room.

"So, what is it?" Rose asks my dad. "What's wrong?"

"Don't know." He replies. "Some kind of signal drawing the Tardis off course."

"Where are we?" She asks.

"2012." Jack and I answer.

He closes the door behind us and pulls me into his arms, planting a kiss on my lips, then walks over to my dad.

"Earth, Utah, North America. About half a mile underground." I turn to face Rose.

Rose's eyes widen. "God, that's so close. I should be 26."

Dad flicks a switch, and all the lights turn on to reveal we're in some sort of museum.

"Blimey! It's a great big museum!" Rose exclaims.

"An alien museum." Jack and I correct her.

Rose and dad look at us weirdly. "Please stop doing that!" Dad remarks slightly amused. "Someone's got a hobby. They must've spent a fortune on this." He starts walking down the aisle with artefacts on each side of him, looking at each one. "Chunks of meteorite, moon dust...that's the milometer from the Roswell Spaceship."

"That's a bit Slitheen." Rose comments, looking at a Slitheen arm stuck in a case. "That's a Slitheen arm! It's been stuffed."

Dad turns and walks over to another case, looking at a robot head. "Ah! Look at you!"

"What is it?" Rose asks, walking over with me and Jack.

"An old friend of mine...well, enemy. The stuff of nightmares...reduced to an exhibit. I'm getting old."

"Is that where the signal's coming from?" Rose asks.

"Nah, it's stone dead." Jack replies, placing his hand in mine. "The signal's alive. Something's reaching out. Calling for help."

Dad taps the glass gently before I can stop him, and an alarm starts going off.

Suddenly, soldiers run over with guns, pointing them at us.

"If someone is collecting aliens, that makes us exhibit A, B & C." I mutter to dad, Jack, and Rose.

Dad grins at them. "Take me to your leader!"

"Bad Wolf One descending! Bad Wolf One descending!" We hear over the speakers.

*****

A man that is bald and very well dressed, walks out of a lift and down a corridor like he owns the place...which he does but that isn't the point. Guards and staff members following behind him.

"On behalf of all of us, I want to wish you a very happy birthday, sir." A man rushing over to his side, greets him. "And the President called to convey his personal best wishes."

"The President is ten points down." He remarks. "I want him replaced."

"I don't think that's very wise, sir." The man frowns at his attitude.

"Thank you so much for your opinion. You're fired." The owner turns to the guards. "Get rid of him."

"What?" The guards grab the man and start dragging him away.

"Wipe his memory, put him on the road someplace." The owner calls to them. "Memphis, Minneapolis. Somewhere beginning with M." A ginger woman rushes over to his side. "So, the next President. What do you think? Republican or Democrat?"

"Democrat, sir." She answers.

"For what reason?" He stops walking and looks at her.

She slightly hesitates. "They're just so funny, sir?"