14. When falling gives you the opportunity to fly

Okay, hello everyone! This note had been sitting in my head for a long time, but I couldn't finish it because I didn't have the inspiration or the time to do it. However, thanks a lot to the song "Two Feet - Love is a Bitch", which gave me a delightful kick in the ass, ahaha. Thanks to her, I finished this note today, and I will post it right now so that you can enjoy this chapter. I strongly recommend turning it on when reading.

Have fun reading, I love you!
_____________________________________

Mia rushes to River as he rises from the floor with a painful groan, rubbing his shoulder. She touches his shoulder blades, bending down in front of his face to look into his eyes. Her friends follow her, helping the triplets to get up.

- Are you okay?

He nods, but a painful hiss comes out of his mouth when he moves his shoulder.

- Shhh ... yes, - the guy frowns, then laughs awkwardly when he sees his friend's worried look, - nothing serious, but there will be a bruise.

He rubs his shoulder, hoping to get rid of the pain faster, and looks at the other victims.

- The triplets got hit harder, - River squints at Mia, who is still looking at him with concern, - I have nothing to worry about, don't worry.

The girl looks at him incredulously, but retreats to help the acrobats. Turning around, she notices how a grimace of pain flashes on the brown-haired man's face, which he immediately masks so that she does not notice. She shakes her head, helping Stella get to the wings so that the acrobat can sit down.

When she turns around again, River is no longer there - she knows he doesn't like to be bothered about him. Most likely, he had already managed to escape - most likely, he went to his apartment to lick the wound like a wild wolf. The girl takes a copy of the keys out of her pocket and grins - where will he go from her?

                                ***

River hisses painfully as the bruised shoulder pierces with aching pain. He penetrates his fingers under the sleeve of his T-shirt and rubs it, hoping to relieve unpleasant sensations, and suddenly stumbles upon the look of a friend who leans her shoulder against the door jamb in HIS favorite manner. Yes, people are telling the truth - with whom you will be friends, you will look like that.

- What are you...? - He stares at her in surprise, his mouth slightly open, - What are you doing here?

The girl turns the duplicate keys between her fingers, and he understands everything. Averting his gaze, he sits down on a stool, and then looks at his friend from under his brows.

- Did you want something?

Mia looks at him seriously, holding a bruise ointment in her hand.

- Take off your T-shirt, I need to anoint your shoulder.

The guy blinks uncomprehendingly, staring at her like a sheep.

- Wait, what...?

The girl rolls her eyes, taking a couple of steps deeper into the room, and stops right in front of him.

- It's nothing serious, red, - he giggles awkwardly, embarrassed by her pressure, - Just a bruise...

River is sitting on a stool, and now she looks up at her. The redhead seems as confident as possible, and the brown-haired man suddenly feels awkward. She hooks the sleeve of his T-shirt with her finger, pulling slightly towards herself, and looks into his eyes.

- Take it off.

River realizes what is happening by looking into her eyes.

- Wait, no, no, I can... - he stops short, meeting her stern gaze, and the end of his phrase sounds less confident, - himself...

Mia raises her eyebrows, looking at him expectantly, and the brown-haired man with a doomed sigh mutters a quiet "Okay." The girl nods contentedly, sitting on a stool opposite, and waits for the guy to sort out his clothes. River is both outraged and CONFUSED at the same time, and besides, the girl's gaze does not allow him to concentrate. With a quiet grunt, he pulls the T-shirt over his head, exposing his torso, and puts it on the table so as not to crumple it.

Mia looks at him contentedly, and he is ready to sink through the ground from embarrassment. The brown-haired man sits back on the stool, and the girl stands up, picking up a bottle of ointment. The guy looks at the floor, thinking.

- Why did you lie?

He is distracted by looking up at her.

- Mmm?

The girl sighs, examining his shoulder.

- You hit it hard. Why did you lie?

The brown-haired man shakes his head, exhaling with a quiet hiss when the cold, almost icy ointment, followed by the girl's fingers, touch his skin.

- I didn't want you to worry.

The girl grumbles with displeasure, gently rubbing the ointment into his shoulder.

- And what? Did it help?

He shakes his head, giving her an awkward smile.

- Probably?

The redhead snorts, and her movements become a little more rigid.

- Probably?! River, you idiot!

He clenches his teeth and moves away from the touch with a quiet hiss when the pressure on the bruised area becomes too strong. The girl looks just a little guilty, the rest of her emotions are occupied by anger.

- Sorry.

She touches him again, more carefully now, and continues to rub the ointment into the skin with slow movements. The guy, slightly pouting, looks down at the floor.  The girl grumbles something under her breath, continuing to mess with his bruise, and River really feels guilty for not telling her right away.

- I'm sorry.

He looks at her, and Mia turns her head to him. Her look changes from judgmental to gentle, and she puts a clean palm on his cheek, stroking the skin with her thumb. The guy closes his eyes, clinging to the touch.

- You're a goofball... - she looks at him, continuing to gently touch his face, - I will always worry about you.

River smiles, looking at her playfully.

- Sounds like a confession.

The girl closes her eyes, humming with a smile, is silent for a couple of seconds and looks at him again.

- Maybe that was it.

The guy looks into her eyes, smiling, and the redhead feels butterflies begin to flutter in her stomach. When the reciprocity of their love comes to them, both are embarrassed, and Mia looks away with a smile. The brown-haired man thinks for a couple of seconds, and then gently takes her hand, pulling slightly towards himself.

The girl obeys, and the guy sits her on his lap, intertwining their fingers. Their eyes meet again and do not diverge. The redhead gently swings forward, catching her lover's mouth in a timid kiss. River responds a little more confidently and takes the initiative, gently crushing her friend's lips with her own.

They sit like this for a while, and only the quiet movements of their lips indicate that they are still alive. Mia snuggles closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck, and hot air escapes from the guy's nose, scorching her face.

It was perfect.

They were perfect.

Together.