"Shopping for your boyfriend?" He said, noticing the trunks and their gleeful faces.

"Yes, actually." Said Scottie before Eden had a chance to say something different. The young man smiled.

"You can always tell by the laughs and ridiculous clothes. You ladies have a nice day!"

"Thanks, you too!"

"Sooo," said Eden as they walked out. "You're shopping for your boyfriend?"

"Hopefully. I might as well pretend as much anyways, while I can. But don't you dare tell him. I want to see if he asks me out again."

"Why don't you ask him out?"

"I will if he doesn't do it in the next week. Here, you can ride with me to the pool." They both hopped into Scottie's truck, it was her baby. She had named it ____________, and it had a license plate that read ELV1S, to show her love and undying admiration for him. The engine purred lovingly as it sensed the familiar touch of its owner, but creaked under the weight of a foreign body. Admittedly, it was a very old truck, but it had served her well for many months and woeful would be the day if gave out. Scottie pressed down on the gas and the truck lurched forward, then sped up towards their destination. After a few more lurching stops they finally pulled up to the Hawkins' Community Pool. They changed into their swimsuits in the grimy bathrooms, then strutted out into the hot sun, flaunting their cute suits on pretty bodies. The first thing they noticed, however, was the shining, well-toned, muscular body of Billy Hargrove. But while Scottie pretended not to see him, Eden stopped and stared.

"Eden, I know I can't stop you, but if you get mixed up with him, just be careful, okay? I know he has a killer body, and he's a great kisser, but he's not the best person at first." Scottie pulled Eden away from the glowing spectre and over to a set of three sun beds. They set their stuff across them and reserved a spot for Steve.

"I want to do the dive boards."

"Yeah, the 10-foot one!"

They walked over to it and climbed up the many rungs of the ladder to the board towering above. Eden stepped onto it first, took her mark, and jumped off. She landed with a splash.

"That was awesome!" Scottie went next, and as most people were too afraid or too busy, they had the board to themselves. They continued to jump off for another 20 minutes, then they paused to go swim for a while.

"Let's go sit in the sun for a bit, I'm so pruny." Said Scottie after an hour, so they climbed out and lay in the sun. "I wanna go jump again." Said Scottie, jumping up.

"What? It's only been like 20 minutes. I was just starting to get warm."

"C'mon!"

Eden followed after Scottie to the 10-foot board. "Hey, I wanna try doing a backflip this time."

"Really? Do you think you can do it?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Okay, I'll watch you." Said Scottie, then she jumped off into the pool. Eden stepped up, turned around to face the other direction, and jumped. It went very poorly. She didn't jump far or high enough, so she hit her head on the edge of the board and fell hard on her back on the water. "Eden!" Screamed Scottie as she swam forward. She heard a splash and saw Billy swimming towards them. "Billy, help her, please!" He picked Eden up and carried her over to the sun bed. "What's wrong with her? Is she going to be okay? Billy, help her!" Still not saying anything, he felt her ribs, her back, her neck, checking for anything broken or out of place.

"You bastard!" Scottie turned to see Steve running up to them, his face livid. Scottie ran to him and help him back.

"Steve, no! He's helping her! She tried to do a backflip but hit her head and fell really hard. He saved her. Please trust me, I wouldn't let him do anything to her, I promise." Steve calmed down a little bit and let her guide him to the sun bed beside where Eden was laying.

"Is she okay?" Asked Steve, too nervous to chide Billy right now.

"I don't know that she is, but she will be. You should get her to a hospital just to be safe."

"Okay." He picked her up and Scottie led with the keys ready to unlock the car. Steve paused, then said to Billy, "Thank you, for saving her."

"Don't think too much of it." Then he walked off, not looking at Steve once.

In the car, Eden lay in the back and Scottie sat up front. Steve drove, looking silently ahead and only turned his head when he heard Scottie let out a sob.

"Are you okay?"

"If anything had happened to her—it's all my fault—I never should have let her do it. I was so stupid—how could I do that?"

"Hey, hey, hey, it's not your fault. She's done stupid stuff before. This is on her. Don't blame yourself." She tried to dry her tears, but was unsuccessful because she was so upset about what could have happened. They pulled up to the hospital a few minutes later and carried Eden in to the ER. They quickly found her a bed and a few minutes later a doctor came in.

"I'll take it from here, you can step out while I check on her."

"Okay."
"Don't worry, I won't be long. I'll let you know when you can go in." He said kindly, noticing that they were still shaken up. He ushered them out then shut the door behind them. Scottie immediately fell into a chair, sobbing.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I just...I'm so scared. I'm so sorry, Steve. I'm so sorry." She fell against him and he hugged her while she cried on his chest.

"It's okay. She's going to be fine. It's not your fault."

"I'm so sorry."

"Shh, it's okay." They stayed in their awkward but comforting position until the doctor came out.

"She's very well. She has a minor concussion, but it's nothing serious. She can stay the night here and then you can bring her home tomorrow morning. You can go in and see her when you're ready. Can I answer any of your questions?"

"No, thank you. You've been very helpful."

"Of course. Well, my name is Dr. Martin, please let me know if you have any questions at all."

"Thank you so much." Dr. Martin walked down the hall out of sight, and Scottie and Steve walked in to see Eden.

"Oh thank God." Breathed Scottie as she bent over Eden's face.

"See? I told you she would be okay." Said Steve, looking relieved himself. They stood there, looking at Eden in silence for a while, neither sure what to do or say next. Then Steve began, "Hey, um, it was really nice, the other night, at our date."

Before Scottie could reply, Eden stirred beside them. She opened her eyes slightly and murmured, "Are you finally asking her out again Steve? I don't know what took you so long, it's obvious you like each other." They looked at one another, blushed, and the they all burst out laughing.

"Scottie, I really like you. Will you go out with me again?"
"I thought you'd never ask."