𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

"𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓕𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓪. 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮." I said as my family and I exited the plane, stepping down onto the airstrip of the Outer Banks.

"Jackie, we're here for a week. Can you at least try to enjoy yourself?" My mom said to me as we got into the airport for our luggage.

"Mom, what fun am I going to have here? It's an island with nothing to do." I pointed out.

"Hook up. That's what I'm planning on doing." My older brother—Roger—said.

I smacked his head. "No."

My father spoke up, grabbing our luggage and handing our suitcases to us. "I'm sure there's a few people on the island to surf with. You love surfing."

I frowned. "Fine. But where are we staying? I didn't see either of you looking for hotels to stay in."

"We're staying at another place with an old friend of mine." Mom said with a smile. "Ward Cameron."

"'Old friend' as in ex, or 'old friend' as in old friend?" I asked as we exited the airport.

"The second one, honey." she answered me, seeing a silver car pull up to greet us, and a man with greying hair looked at us with a smile.

"Victoria! Bill! So glad you could make it." the man—Ward Cameron—said as he got out and hugged my parents, looking at me. "And who's this?"

"This is our daughter and son. Jackie and Roger. Jackie, Roger, say hi to Mr. Cameron." Mom said, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Hi, Mr. Cameron." Roger said politely.

"....hi." I said, "so we're staying with you for the next week?"

Ward smiled. "Well, me and my family. How old are you, kiddo?"

"Eighteen. Turning nineteen in three days." I answered.

Ward stroked his chin, nodding. "Almost nineteen. You know, I have a son who's nineteen."

"Don't try and be one of those parents who set their kids up." I shook my head. "Speaking from experience here. It's embarrassing."

Ward looked impressed, then looked at my father jokingly. "Sure she's your kid, Bill? She's got spirit in her."

"I'm sure, Ward." Dad said with a smile, placing a hand on my shoulder. "She's just got too much of her grandmother's attitude in her."

Ward looked at us, then clapped his hands together. "Let's get this show on the road. You'll love Tannyhill." he said as we got our suitcases situated in the backseat.

"There any clubs in the area?" Roger asked as he started up the car.

"There's a few closer towards the Cut. A small beach called The Boneyard. That's where most of the lower class people like to party and drink. But occasionally, the younger people go down and drink with them." Ward answered him. "My daughter goes there sometimes."

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

We drove up to a large house—more like a mansion, in my opinion—and Ward parked the car, shutting the engine off and helping us with our stuff.

    "I'll have my kids show you your rooms while your parents and I catch up." Ward said to me and my brother as we walked into the air-conditioned house. "Rafe! Sarah! Wheezie!"

    Three sets of footsteps came down the spiraling stairs and a young girl with dark hair, a blonde girl, and a dirty-blond haired man came down.

    "Kids, these are the Harts. This is Bill, Victoria, Roger, and Jackie." Ward said to his children. "Rafe, Sarah, would you mind showing them to their rooms?" he left into the living room with our parents.

    "Sure." Sarah smiled, looking at Roger. "I'll show Roger to his room."

    "I'll go with!" the youngest girl—Wheezie—said quickly.

    Roger looked at me with a wink before he left with the two girls up the stairs.

    "Your brother seems—"

    "He's a playboy." I answered.

    Rafe shrugged, then gestured for me to follow him up the stairs, turning left down a long hall and opening the first door to the right. "You'll be staying here. There's a bathroom in there. Sarah's room is right next to yours if you need a late-night girl talk, or something. If you get hungry, help yourself to whatever's in the fridge."