The Morning after the Attack

*Beep Beep Beep Beep*

Wes's obnoxious alarm had been going of for minutes now. I looked up at Wes, as we were still in the same post as last night.

"Wes" I shook his arm, "Wes we gotta get up". No use I don't think he'd be getting up. I moved his arm of my waist and leaned over to the night stand to turn off the alarm.

"Come back" Wes moaned. I smacked his arm away and leant down to kiss him on the cheek.

"Come on, we have to get to school. He hopped out of bed and walked to his closet. He took off his shirt, showing his lean chest with some muscle. And then reached in to grab a blue shirt. I slowly got out of bed, I walked over to by bag to grab a pair of my black biker shorts. As Wes walked into the his bathroom, I took the chance to change into my shorts, then I walked over to his closet and stole the hoodie I got him for his birthday. Wes walked out of the bathroom brushing his teeth.

Then I heard a muffled "ayh sint at ine"

"What" I laughed at what he just said. He held his hand up and walked back into his bathroom and out again.

"Hey isn't that mine" He said coming to give me a kiss.

But I dodged, "Yep, but I payed for it". I grabbed my bag and fled to the hallway and down the stairs to get to the kitchen. I saw Judy with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Morning Mrs. Hicks" u said sitting down at the kitchen bad.

She smiled, "How many times do I have to tell you Yn to call me Judy" she said. The next second Wes walked into the room. And walked over to his mom.

"Morning mom" He said giving her a kiss on the cheek then walking over to the fridge. He opened the silver door grabbing a container of mixed fruit and sat down next to you. He set the bowl in the front of both of you, I gave him a smile as a thank you.

I looked up from the fruit. "Any update on Tara", I asked hoping she was somewhat better. A chill running down my spine just thinking about it. I leaned my head on Wes' sholder.

"Nothing much, I got a call from the doctors at the station. She's going to be there for a little while longer" she said solemnly. I looked down at my phone, the bright lockscreen showed a picture of me and Wes and the time that was 7:30. I remember that day, the whole group went down to Tara's lake house for the weekend. It was a picture that was taken by Mindy. I remember specifically that when on Tara's family's pontoon(medium size boat), I got tired and curled up into Wes and I  both fell asleep. The reason you remember that day so well is because that was the day you both confessed your feeling for each other. He told you on the dock where him and I were both sitting alone watching the sunset. That was also when I had my first kiss. It was special to both you and him. We were special to each other.

Later at Woodsburo High

We were all sitting down at our table outsiders by the large trees. When the announcement went off

"Attention, Panthers. A reminder that all classes and school activities
are canceled tomorrow due to public safety concerns"

Wes walks back to the table and sits down next to me.

"That was Sam" He said.

"She’s coming?" Said amber questioning

"Yeah" He replied putting his arm around my neck.

"Watch everything get worse" Amber said in discust. I rolled my eyes.

"You know Amber, I think you'd like Sam. You don't have to be so dramatic about everything" I told her