The road towards true love and immortality {15}

The road towards true love and immortality {#15}

{15: Making an assignment and discovering a secret}

True's p.o.v.:

God, I had a strange dream last night. I know, again. I dreamed that a huge wolf attacked a dark knight. He had to fight for his life. As he had defended the city from the monster, he was forced to return to his castle, wounded and poisoned. When the sun rose in the east, a creature more beautiful than any mortal woman came to him. Her hair captured the brightness of the sun and her eyes were made of a deeper blue than the sea. As she came to him, she sang with a voice that probably belonged to a siren. The knight thought that he was dying and that an angel had come to take him to the afterlife. Instead she sat down next to him and put a hand on his forehead. As their skin touched, the fever faded away. She smiled with a smile that contained more warmth than the sun itself. Then she took his wounded arm and looked at the poisoned wound. She cut her wrist and with her pure blood, that was redder than a ruby, she healed his wound and erased the poison from his system. With another smile she stood and stretched her hand out for him to take it. And with that motion, I woke up.

‘If these dreams kept up I was going to spend the rest of my life taking cold showers.’ I thought annoyed as I let the cold water wake me up. I put on some comfy yoga pants and a tunic. I kissed Apophis on the head, took a few books from my desk and went downstairs. I took some serials for my breakfast and sat down in on the couch in front of the huge TV-screen in the media room. I spend the morning by lying on the couch and watching some random stuff on TV.

***

After lunch I went back to my room and decided to get ready for my appointment with Tauris. I applying some light make-up, walked into my closet to find a pair of skinny jeans some boots and a blue button up blouse. I took my notes for the assignment and put them in the Hermès bag I had chosen to go with this outfit.

'A quarter to one, I guess that means it's time to get to Tauris.' I thought took one last look in the mirror and got to my car. It was a short drive so I was there early.

“Hi, I'm here for Tauris. We were going to work on our assignment.” I said to the servant that opened the door.

“Oh yes, he mentioned something about it, he's in the library.” he said and I followed him toward the entrance.

“Thank you, I'll find my way around.” I said as I walked into the library. The servant nodded and walked away. “Tauris?” I asked as I walked to the history department of the library. 'Strange, no response.' I thought as I walked further. “Tauris?” I whispered as I found him asleep on the window-bench I used when I came here to read. “Hey there, sleepyhead.” I said as I sat down next to him.

“Huh? True? … Oh my God, the assignment.” Tauris cursed as he woke up and fell down the bench.

“No God, just me.” I said and smiled, extending my hand to help him up. He smiled and took my hand gratefully. But, I had the idea that he didn't use it at all.

“God, sorry True, I … didn't forget … I just fell asleep.” Tauris confessed.

“Well that means that you must be very tired. If you want we can do this assignment another time. Or I could just do it by myself.” I said concerned.

“I thought we had to hand it in on Monday.” Tauris said.

“Yes, we have to, but it's not a big deal. I can just do it by myself.” I said and thought:  'Again a disappointment caused by men, what a surprise.'

“And let you do all the work for my marks? No way. I'm going to help you, just like I promised. I'm a man of my word.” Tauris said smiling and took a random book. “So the 'Battle of Thermopylae'” Tauris said and opened the book on a certain page and started reading.