"Good until you arrived," Pete responded, his tone laced with sarcasm.

Vegas hummed. "So should I leave?"

Pete didn't like the idea of Vegas leaving. "You won't leave even if I asked you to anyways. Where's my lunch?" He did not forget to ask.

Vegas felt pleased Pete still wanted lunch and handed it over to him. "There's no way I'd forget." The alpha subjected himself to getting Pete lunch for the past month. Not that he minded. Slowly, it has become a habit. Pete's face lit up after taking in the aroma of the food.

"Thanks." He mumbled.

For the remaining time, Vegas watched Pete eat and a warm and satisfactory feeling clothed his heart. After their encounter the past month,  he's been trying his best to take care of Pete the best he could but the omega still was a hard nut to crack. Pete wasn't easy if he should admit it. Sometimes, he kept wondering what exactly brought Pete to him that fateful day. He wished it wasn't just because he needed to repay the favor but something more. 

Still watching Pete, Vegas' phone vibrated, and pulling it out of his pocket, it was Violet. He answered before telling Pete. "She wanted to see your face. She knew I was going to be here so she called.

Violet kept bugging her son the entire week just because she wanted to speak with her son. She's come to love and accept Pete as her very own and if given the chance, she was willing to give him all the love he missed growing up.

Pete looked up to see Violet's face through the screen and quickly raised both hands to pay his respects before wiping his saucy lips with a tissue. The alpha seeing those oily lips wanted nothing more than to grab and munch on them.

"Hey, Pete, did you miss me?"

"I do." He replied simply, a little shyly.

"I miss you more, honey. Hey, hope that Alpha beside you isn't disturbing you too much. Tell me if he is and I'll teach him a lesson or two."

Pete let out a little laugh which highlighted his attractive features, almost eye-blinding. "He's been a dick head most of the time."

Vegas peeked at Pete in shock. "Hey, when did I ever do that?"

"Stop being a dickhead, Vegas." Violet glared. "I'll slash you next time I receive such a complaint." She did not bother hearing Vegas' side to verify if that was the truth.

Vegas amusingly glanced at Pete. "You feel better making her scold me for something I did not do? I wonder who her son here is exactly. She should be taking my side and not yours."

"I'll be crazy to take your side." Her eyes were in some way communicating with Vegas and the alpha understood her right away.

Pete in a way loved what he was doing to Vegas. "Err, when are you getting back?"

"Soon. I leave Vegas in your capable hands, Pete."

Pete nodded. "Err, sure. I'll see you when you get back." With that, Violet went off.

Someone was pleased with the reply just now and his stomach did countless summersaults. "You promised her to take care of me, right?" He grinned at the omega who resumed stuffing food into his mouth, his lips forming a pout. "I'll be in your capable hands then, Pete."

Pete paused for a bit. "I only said it to please her." He said and Vegas broke out a laugh but said no more and focused on watching Pete finish what he got him.

Time flew by quickly and even though Vegas loathed the fact he had to have a meeting with Prem which meant he had to excuse himself from Pete. He still went anyways. It was quite a long meeting and the two had to go meet a client together later on.