"I know right?! It's like it's haunted, shishishi~!" Y/N cheered, excitedly, completely missing the electric boy's point.

"That's not what I meant, beauty!"

"Still, what good will it do to just sit here?" Tanjiro asked, tilted head.

"I told ya he was creepy." Inosuke stated, making Zenitsu defensive.

"I'M NOT THE CREEPY ONE HERE! I'M NORMAL! I'M THE ONLY NORMAL ONE! YOU GUYS ARE THE CREEPY ONES EVEN THOUGH Y/N IS PERFECT IN EVERYWAY!!"

Tanjiro stiffened before turning around, everyone looking in his direction.

"What? What's wrong, Tanjiro?"

"Is it food?"

"What is this smell?" And with that Tanjiro and Inosuke ran off. Y/N sniffed the air, trying to detect what he was talking about.

"...Air?" She asked, confused.

"Help me... Please help me!"

A demon slayer was on the ground, crying tears as Tanjiro, Inosuke, Y/N, and Zenitsu hurried over to him. The boy's face was beat up and he was obvious terrified.

"He's one of us!" Tanjiro exclaimed, obviously concerned about the guy. "Are you alright?! What happened?!"

"What's he connected to?" Y/N asked, sensing something near invisible on him. Tanjiro looked at her confused.

"Connected?"

With a sudden jerk, the boy went flying backwards, away from the group. He went up into the air before being jerked into the trees.

"HE CAN FLY?!!" Y/N screeched, eyes glistening in excitement.

"Not by choice!" Zenitsu exclaimed, seeing the terrified look on that guy's face.

"I was connected!! Help me!! PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE HERE!!"

His screams were only left in vain as he was whisked away into the mist. Gone without a trace. Tanjiro stiffened as the faint scent of blood was in the air for him. He balled his fist as sweat dripped from his chin.

"I'm going."

Inosuke stepped in front of him, confidently pointing at himself.

"I'm going in first. You can tremble in fear and follow me. I'm hungry."

"Me too!" Y/N exclaimed, meaning food more than battle.

"T-That's not what he meant, Y/N. He's hungry for battle." Zenitsu whimpered while clinging to her haori edge.

"Oh."

"HAHAHAAH! LET'S GO!!" Inosuke screamed as he and Tanjiro ran into the mountain, leaving Zenitsu and Y/N alone.

"Bye, bye!!" Y/N yelled as she waved bye to them despite them not hearing her. She waited for a moment before looking down at Zenitsu, who was, for once, silent in thought. "Zenitsu?"

"Huh? Yes, beauty?" Zenitsu asked, snapping out of his thoughts.

"Are you almost done? 'Cause we still gotta go in there and eat up a bunch of demons." Y/N told him, her head tilting a bit, a smile on her face. Zenitsu blushed as his lips parted in realization.

She was... waiting for him?

"AWW Y/N YOU ARE THE MOST PERFECT, WONDERFUL, AMAZING, LOVELY, BEAUTIFUL, COOLEST, CUTEST, SWEETEST, THOUGHTFUL, SPECIAL-" The triangle haori boy shot out as many compliments as possible as he hugged her waist.

Chuntaro, who was sitting on Y/N's shoulder, chirped in apology for his embarrassing partner.

"Little Meat thinks that we need to go too." Y/N stated, referring to Chuntaro, who deadpanned at the nickname.

"Huh? Oh Chuntaro, you're here, too."

Chuntaro angrily chirped in annoyance at Zenitsu for not noticing he was here the entire time. He even gave him words of encouragement and all he gets is a 'oh, chuntaro, you're here, too.' Honestly, does any other bird have it nearly as rough as him??

Answer: Y/N's bird, who has to drop written mission messages from the sky to make sure it doesn't get eaten by the walking savage.

F in the comments for our bird friends

"Thanks for coming with me, beauty."

Zenitsu walked through the forest, looking around the eerie place, slightly shaking.

"It's so creepy here. I can't believe we have to stay here until we kill some demon. How are we even supposed to find it??" Zenitsu asked. "It's creepy how it's so quiet here-"

Zenitsu paused in his tracks.

It's quiet.

Too quiet.

It's never this quiet with Y/N around.

Zenitsu turned his head to the side, hoping Y/N was right next to him, only to see nothing.

No Y/N.

Just trees.

"I- HUH? HUH? HUH???" Zenitsu whipped his head around in all directions.

"BEAUTY??!! WHERE'D YOU GO??! YOU WERE RIGHT NEXT TO ME A SECOND AGO!! HOW'D YOU DISAPPEAR SO FAST??! I CAN'T BE HERE ALL ALONE!! SOMEONE SAVE MEEEEE!!!"

So where's Y/N, you're wondering?

Take a guess.

"Waah! Zenitsu, look at this bug, it's so big!"

If you guessed in the middle of nowhere, you're correct.

Any normal person would be having crippling anxiety just being here. The thick trees blocking any good positions for air attacks. The darkness hindering vision. The creepy amount of spider webs around. And y'know, the obvious fact that there are demons around here! How wouldn't be scar-

"Hi, Mr. Beetle, I'm Y/N."

...

And then there's Y/N.

The girl grinned at the beetle as she picked it up and twirled around, looking for Zenitsu.

"Eh? Where's Zenitsu?" Y/N blinked for a bit. She was walking next to the yellow one a few minutes ago. Y/N gasped in realization.

"He got lost?!"

...

Actually, Y/N got distracted and walked off, following a bug while Zenitsu was walking on the straight and narrow path, not knowing about her tendency to be easily distracted. How could he? The only person who's ever gone on a walk with her is Tanjiro.

"Crap! Zenitsu's somewhere around here all alone! And he's really scared! This is bad!" She panicked. "Man, how did he get lost so quickly??"

Y/N ran off in a random direction, hand on her straw hat, making sure it didn't fly away while she dashed through the forest.

"Zenitsu!! Zenitsu!!"

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

taisho era secret!

y/n's favorite thing about zenitsu is his unexpected acts of kindness. she thought it was great of zenitsu to protect nezuko even though it was a demon and how he just randomly hugs her out of nowhere and puts his snot on her as a token of friendship. it's so nice of him!