A whiny, crybaby like Zenitsu had suddenly become a total warrior?

Who wouldn't be shocked?

"AWESOME!!" Y/N had stars in her eyes as she hurried forward towards Zenitsu, earning the little boy's attention as he walked up to them.

A wimpy beggar such as Zenitsu had suddenly become a total badass?

Who wouldn't be hyped?

A random snot bubble snapped Zenitsu awake, he turned his head to see the demon's head rolled towards him. And like the guy he is, he screamed.

"It's dead!! All of a sudden it's dead?! What the hell?! I can't take this!"

...

...

...

Huh?

Shoichi and Y/N completely deadpanned at his reaction. You KNOW you're weird when Y/N deadpans at you.

"Ah!" He looked up to see Shoichi and Y/N. "Y/N-chan...? You came back for me...? And you killed the demon...?"

With a fast flash the boy jumped towards her, clinging to his waist on his knees as the girl looked at in him in complete confusion. Shoichi did the same as Zenitsu yelled about her saving him.

"B-But she just got here." Shoichi asked, utterly confused.

"Did you say something?" Zenitsu asked, turning his head to look at him.

"Shishishi! Hahahaha! You're so weird, Zenitsu!" Y/N laughed at the blonde's obliviousness. Even if he doesn't know, Y/N doubted that she'll ever forget how cool Zenitsu is. When sleeping, at least.

"Huh? ARE YOU PRAISING ME, Y/N-CHAN?!" Zenitsu cheered, excitedly only to be quickly dismissed from her mind.

"I'm Monkey D. Y/N! Who are you?" Y/N asked the boy next to Zenitsu. "I saw you earlier with your sister right? And Tanjiro. Where're they?" She asked Shoichi, ignoring Zenitsu.

"Don't ignore me, Y/N-chan!"

"O-Oh, we got separated from them earlier. Me and Zenitsu have been walking around on own. I'm Shoichi by the way." He told the older girl, who nodded.

"Y'know, you remind me a lot of Kiyoshi!" The little boy perked at the name. "I wonder how that kid's doing. Wonder if he got any meat."

"You met my brother?! Was he wearing a orange kimono?" Shoichi asked, interest piquing.

"Wow, how'd ya kno- wait, you're Kiyoshi's brother?"

"Uh-huh!"

"Great! I bet he's met Tanjiro by now! He'll definitely be fine!"

『』

"Achoo!"

Tanjiro sniffed in confusion as he had sneezed out of nowhere. He hasn't been sick. Was someone talking about him?

Eh. Probably not.

Tanjiro dismissed his thoughts as he looked at Teruko run up to her brother, Kiyoshi. He smiled at the reunion. After asking some questions, he noticed something familiar with Kiyoshi. He had a hat made of straw on his head. Tanjiro blinked before remembering.

"Oh! That's Y/N-san's straw hat!" Tanjiro acknowledged. Kiyoshi paused before nodding as he took it off of his head.

"You know Y/N?" He asked.

"That nice lady?" Teruko asked for confirmation, making Tanjiro nod.

"Yeah. She's a friend of mine." Tanjiro said with a small smile.

"She gave her hat to me for a bit. She told me that it's a symbol of courage and that it was important to her. It's sort of weird... but everytime I feel scared, the hat seems to fall over my eyes as if a reminder that she'll be back for me."

Tanjiro blinked before smiling to the ground. That sounds like her. For a girl with a 5 second attention span, Y/N is good with kids. He smiled a bit, thinking about her for a second.

"Yeah. That's definitely the Y/N I know."

『』

"LISTEN UP, DUMB FLOOR! SPIT SHOICHI AND ZENITSU UP RIGHT NOW, GOT IT!"

Remember all that sweet talk about Y/N?

Yeah, now let's talk about her low IQ.

Y/n was pointing her sword at the floor of the room Shoichi and Zenitsu went in at least 15 minutes ago. She heard some screaming and saw them drop through the before it closed back up. She growled at it.

Judging by the silence through this house, she could tell that she was the only one in the place.

"YOU CAN'T TRAP ME IN HERE! THERE'S NO MEAT IN HERE! WHERE'S TANJIRO, ZENITSU, SHOICHI, KIYOSHI AND THE OTHER GIRL?! TELL ME!"

One, everyone has already been freed from the place. Two, floors can't talk, Y/N.

Y/N was getting annoyed now. It wouldn't open up nor would it let her out! She sheathed her sword before bawling her fist.

She reeled it back.

If it was going to let her out, she was going to bust out.

With a mighty punch, the stone wall burst open, a large whole in the middle of the wall, debris flying everywhere.

『』

Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Shoichi, Kiyoshi, Teruko, and the talking meat turned their heads towards the sudden sound.

Tanjiro had just been fighting the talking meat guy because he was beating up Zenitsu, who was protecting his precious box. The three siblings were on the sidelines doing what extras do. Everything was going in a way until a loud smash was heard from the mansion.

Tanjiro grimaced. Another demon?! He hadn't smelled a demon scent inside, so he thought they were all gone! There was one left.

The siblings inhaled sharply in fear while Zenitsu was about ready to piss his pants.

"HEY!! DON'T IGNORE ME!!" The talking meat guy yelled at Tanjiro.

A voice emerged from the cloud of debris. Two fists shot into the air with glee. Coming through the mist was a figure in the distance, a grin shaped in the way of a 'D'.

"I'M FREEEEEE!!!"

Everyone other than the boar guy deadpanned.

This girl...

She was so extra...

『』『』『』『』『』『』『』

taisho era secret!

kiyoshi thought of y/n as a guardian angel that kept him safe since he didn't bump into a single demon until tanjiro found him. he was really grateful to have met her.