Y/N frowned.

"I told you, I can't hear nothin'!"

"I don't hear anything either."

As if the world wanted to prove them wrong, the echoing sound of a drum was heard.

Y/N was not amused.

The drumming sound was heard over and over again, seemingly speeding up before a body came flying out the window.

Just as it was about the crash to the ground, Y/N jumped up, catching the person in midair.

Nobody deserves a death like that.

The person in the girl's arms was decorated in blood. He was clearly beat up and obviously had no chance of living after this. Y/N quickly loosened her grip, the amount of blood getting lost was immeasurable. His eyes were dull, as if the life had already left him.

"Even... though... I got out... I made it outside... am I still going to die?"

Y/N's eyes were covered by her straw hat as she stared at the man.

Silence filled the air as the man slowly left the earth.

"Is that these kids'..."

"Is this your brother?"

"No. I-It's not him. He was wearing an orange kimono."

With that, Tanjiro nodded before turning to Zenitsu and Y/N.

"Zenitsu! Y/- wait. Where's Y/N-san?"

"Hahaha! What luck! I was getting hungry!"

If you guess that Y/N was inside the mansion, you guessed correctly.

Y/N was standing in front of a demon, straw hat shadowing her eyes. Her presence reeked of anger and fury. Her sword was out as she took a deep breath.

"Hahaha! Time to die!" It yelled as it reached out its arms to kill the girl.

In the matter of two seconds, the two arms were cut off and on the floor. With a deep breath the girl jumped.

TOTAL CONCENTRATION, RUBBER BREATHING! THIRD FORM: GOMU GOMU NO GATLING!

An immeasurable amount of slashes were released onto the demon as he was relentlessly sliced into pieces, decapitating him as the last slash.

"Phew!" The girl exhaled, her relaxed and carefree nature returning to her eyes. "Sorry, I needed to blow off some steam! Sucks that you were the nearest." She shrugged as the black ashes faded away. "Oh well!"

"Eh? Who're you?"

Y/N was now standing in a room with a boy staring at her, wide-eyed, panic running through his body.

To be fair, she did just slice off a demon's head like it was nothing in front of him.

She honestly wasn't even in this room in the first place. She was swinging at some demon with drums all over his body, but as soon as he jumped into the hallway, he slammed down his drum, making the room switch. She managed to tear off a drum though.

That's when she found this boy and the demon that was attacking him.

The boy looked at her before crying softly out of fear. The boy had black hair and a orange kimono on. He was shivering in fear.

"Sorry, sorry! Didn't mean to scare ya! I didn't mean to be in this room in the first place!" She said, making the sniffling boy look up at her. "Whatcha doing in here all alone anyway?"

"I-I was taken here..." He mumbled, wiping his face as the girl took a seat next to him. "O-One of the monsters took me away when I was walking with my brother and sister..."

"Ah, that's rough."

"Were you taken too?" He asked the girl.

"Nu-uh. I came in here to avenge some guy who fell out the window." She stated, bluntly, startling the boy. "Oh! And I came here to find these two kid's brother. You seen him?" The girl asked, despite the fact that he had no idea what he looked line.

"I-I don't know..." The boy sweatdropped at the lack of information. "Wait, were they wearing a green and blue kimono and a pink one?"

"Yeah! Shishishi~! How'd ya know?"

"Those are siblings!"

"Eh? They are?!"

"Yeah!"

"Great! As soon as I beat up all the demons in here, we can get ya back to them and Tanjiro and Zenitsu!" Y/N exclaimed.

"W-Wait, you're leaving?" The boy asked.

"Well, kinda. I gotta go fight all the monsters in here." The girl stated as she stood up.

"But... but... what if another monster comes?" He asked, looking down.

Y/N paused before walking up to the boy. She placed her straw hat onto his head, making him confused. He looked up to the grinning girl.

"Wear that. It's a symbol of courage. Someone risked their life for me and gave me that hat as a reminder. So hang onto that hat until we're outta here. Look at it and remember I'll come back for you." She told him before handing him the demon's drum that she got from fighting the tsuzumi demon.

"And everytime you get scared, just hit this drum and get out. But don't be a scaredy-cat and use it too many times, kay?"

"...Kay." He firmed with a nod.

"Shishishi~! Good!" She cheered before heading for the door.

"Wait! I never even got your name." The boy added. The girl paused and blanked before giving him closed eyed grin.

"I'm Monkey D. Y/N! You?"

"K-Kiyoshi."

"Perfect! So don't worry, Kiyoshi! I'm gonna make sure you get back home! I promise!"

And with that, the carefree girl ran out the room.

Kiyoshi was sitting in the room, slightly nervous.

He shivered before the straw hat fell over his eyes. He lifted it and took a deep breath.

He didn't have to worry.

All he had to do was wait.

Because Y/N said she'll be back.

She promised.

And he had a feeling she doesn't break promises easily.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

taisho era secret!

zenitsu was actually really scared of Y/N at that moment where she saved that guy from having future back problems in heaven. he could hear her rapid heartbeat and he could hear her angry thoughts. for example:

i wanna kill someone so bad right now.

someone give me your face. it might look really bad after though.

i'm trying so hard to not commit arson on this house.

zenitsu knows to not make her angry. ever.