...

...

Y'know, except Y/N.

Y/N was trying to stuff her face with the nearby wisteria. But as soon as she swallowed it, she made a face.

"UGH!! This stuff is gross!" She frowned.

"Will you be making your way up the mountain?"

"Eh?" Y/N turned towards the two kids. "Why?"

"Your trial has begun."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"WAIT SERIOUSLY?!!"

"Yes."

"OH CRAP!! THANKS SMALL LOOK-A-LIKES!!"

{ START OF FINAL SELECTION - DAY 1 }

The candidates had spread out through the forest and kept moving. Having thought up a plan of survival, they decided to sleep in the morning and move through the day. Everyone was cautiously moving through the forest, hoping that they would encounter not a single dem-

"The islands in the south are warm~ heads all a-swoon-swoon~ buncha fools~ Next verse!"

...

And then there's Y/N.

The carefree girl was marching through the forest, holding a stick in her hands as she sang her song loudly through the forest full of dangerous, life-threatening creatures.

And before you ask, no. She has no battle plan.

"The islands in the north are chilly~ heads all a brr-brr~ buncha fo- Eh?"

All of a sudden, a swift shadow came towards her direction. As it crashed down from above, Y/N quickly dodged it.

"Hahahah! Human flesh! How lucky am I!"

In front of the girl with a straw hat was a frightening creature. It's eyes and pale skin warned every sign of bloodlust. There were veins popping out at every body part. Just staring at the bloodthristy demon was enough to make a grown man piss his pants.

A normal person would quiver in fear.

"Heeeyyy!! Watch it, dude--you almost hit me!"

...And then there's Y/N.

"Huh? That was the idea, idiot!" The demon yelled.

"Eh? I didn't do anything to you! And why do you got your face all messed up like that?"

"Haaah?! What's wrong with my face?!"

"Do you mean the veins or the pale skin?"

"Shut up! You know what-"

"What?"

"LET ME FINISH!" The demon growled, he had never met anyone who could infuriate him more in less than 20 seconds. Was she stupid? Or was it just an act? "I'm gonna have soo much fun ripping you apart!"

"Why is that fun-" But before anything else could be said, the demon launched itself at the girl again. Y/N easily dodged, jumping out of the way, hand on her hat, securing it's safety.

The girl's feet touched the ground and she looked down at the dent in the ground made by the demon. The crack marks laced the ground like a scar. That demon had enough strength to crack the ground?!