three

Molly's eyes fluttered open and the sunlight blinded her. Pain was radiating through her skull and she adjusted her eyes to the bright room. Dead weight was holding her body in place and she frantically looked down. She was naked and someone's arm was around her.

Memories of the night before came flooding into her mind. Max, dancing, kissing, and incredibly good sex. She turned around in Max's arms and studied his face. He looked peaceful, it was something that Molly had never witnessed before.

She was pushing down the guilt and trying to enjoy the morning and just see how Max would react to this when he woke up. Molly couldn't resist the urge to touch Max. She brought her hand up to face. Her fingers delicately traced his jawline.

Max stirred and slowly opened his eyes. A smile quickly appeared on his face when he saw Molly.

"Good morning" He said. She didn't respond and just stared at him with a small smile on her face. Max grabbed her hand and pressed a kiss to her palm. Molly's heartbeat sped up at his action.

"Max..." Molly spoke softly.

"You regret it don't you" Max says letting go of her hand causing it to feel weirdly cold. His eyes moved anywhere but her. He could feel the embarrassment creeping up his spine. Molly noticed the hurt that he was trying to mask.

"No, it wasn't smart, but I definitely don't regret it" Molly says gently cupping his face and forcing him to look at her. Max pursed his lips and hesitantly nodded.

"I'm serious it was...well it was..." Molly stutters. Max raises his eyebrows.

"It was amazing" Molly sighed. Max bit his lip to contain his smirk. "But, I have a son. I can't do that to him" Molly says. Max's smirk drops.

"Oh" That was all Max could get out of his mouth. In his mind he was begging her to stay. He's had feelings for her basically ever since he met her. But he physically couldn't move his mouth. Molly bit her lip and rubbed her thumb across his cheek. He closed his eyes and blew a long breath through his nostrils.

"A week. Spend a week with me and then we can go back to normal. Just," Max paused. "Let me have this for a little bit. Please" Molly gnawed on her bottom lip. She wasn't opposed to the idea.

"Fine, until I have to go get Grayson from Patrick. We can stay at my house in Gulf Shores" She finalizes.

"I'll book the flight" Max smiles and kisses her cheek. Molly's cheeks flush and she observes Max as he books the flights.

"It's later tonight. We need to pack" Max says. Molly nods and gets herself ready to go back to her hotel room.

-

-

2:36 a.m. Day 1

"Here it is" Molly says as she unlocks the front door. Max looks around with an unreadable expression.

"I know it's not a fancy beach house, but" Max cuts Molly off.

"I love it. It's cozy" He smiles at her. She nods.

"Well, I'll show you our room" She says while beginning to walk up the stairs.

Our room. Max liked the sound of that. He followed her up the steps with a huge grin on his face.

"I present to you. The room that we will be sleeping in for the next 6 days" Molly says dramatically in a tv host voice. She opened the bedroom door and stepped inside.

"It's cute" Max expresses while taking in his surroundings. Molly laughs out of nowhere causing Max to look at her and smile.

"What?" He asked.

"Just feel like a teenager again" She shrugs. "It's kind of fun" She walks over to him and wraps her arms around his neck. His arms automatically went around her waist. The eye contact that was being shared was intense, but nice. Max pressed a kiss against her lips.

-

-