"Now this is a new song that I wrote about a very special person," she explained as she looked straight at me, her gaze fixed, "It's called Halley's Comet and it's about falling in love and feeling a feeling of euphoria and life feeling like you're floating."

"What the fuck?" I mouthed to her as she smiled and turned away.

A metronome played in the in ears and Finneas began to play the piano. 30 seconds later, Billie closed her eyes and began to sing.

I don't want it

And I don't want to want you

But in my dreams I seem to be more honest

And I must admit, you've been in quite a few

Halley's comet

Comes around more than I do

But you're all it takes for me to break a promise

Silly me to fall in love with you

I haven't slept since Sunday

Midnight for me is 3:00 a.m. for you

But my sleepless nights are better

With you than nights could ever be alone, ooh-ooh-ooh

I was good at feeling nothing, now I'm hopeless

What a drag to love you like I do, ooh-ooh, ooh, ooh

Ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh

Billie opened her eyes and turned to face me again.

I've been loved before, but right now in this moment

I feel more and more like I was made for you

Just as tears began to well in my eyes, Billie reached her hand out to me. I took it and squeezed it tight, trying not to bawl my eyes out.

A cameraman came walking across the stage and knelt beside Billie, pointing the camera at her and I. The images filled the screens around the stadium.

"So..." Billie said into the microphone, "This is Y/n."

The crowd held a mixed reaction. There were a couple of cheers, but it was mostly murmuring. They're probably wondering who the fuck I am. 

I was still stood in shock, clutching Bil's hand. My eyes darted back and forth from the camera to Billie. What am I supposed to do here?

"And she's my girlfriend." Billie stated as she pulled me close and into a kiss, the cameraman filming for everyone to see.

This time the crowd's reaction was much more enthusiastic. They all erupted into screams and cheers. 

"What the fuck?" I said again, completely blown away by not only the song, but by the fact that Billie had just revealed our relationship to the whole world.

"So yeah." Billie started with a giggle, "Just thought I'd share one of my favourite people on the planet with you before I go. Thank you all for coming and sharing this journey with me."

She jumped back up and bowed, blowing kisses to the fans in the crowd. Everyone began to cheer and scream and do what crowds do.

Suddenly, I my shoulder was pulled back and I was twisted around.

"You're actually Billie's girlfriend?" a fan asked as I was flung in front of her.

"I um... uh..." pondered as I tried to work out some sort of response. 

Thankfully, a security guy kindly pushed the fan's arms off of me and hinted for me to leave. Don't worry, I'll take the opportunity Sir.

I thanked him and walked backstage, taking a seat on top of some box and fiddling with the camera that was hanging around my neck.

I miraculously managed to navigate my way to the photos I'd taken, purely through pressing every button that was there. 

Blurry.

Terrible.

Is she even in this one?

"You're useless." that all familiar voice said.

I pulled the camera strap over my head and laid the camera down next to me, looking up and seeing her grin.

"Whatever, I'm not a photographer." I replied before giving her a kiss. "You were amazing."

"Thank you mamas." Billie replied as she pulled me off the crate and into a hug.

"And that last song, you wrote that about me?" I asked as my head cradled into her chest.

"Mhm." she softly replied "Who else?"

"Maybe someone in your league." I mumbled.

She pushed me out of the hug so we were face to face.

"You're not out of my league Y/n, stop telling yourself that." she insisted, accompanied by a very serious expression.

"I just can't believe that you're dating me." I replied.

I seriously can't. Out of everyone in the world, she settled on me? 

"Well believe it because now the whole world knows. You can't back out now." she said with a smile, clearly proud of herself.

"Who said I was backing out?" I retorted, plunging my lips onto hers.