"This piece of junk is good as gone, Gio," Roberto said. "Your best option is to sell it to the junkyard."

"Keep working on it," Giovanni said.

"It'll cost less to get a new one," Roberto clicked his tongue. "Why bother?"

"How fast do you think you can get a new one?"

Roberto's eyes widened, "How long have you known this girl? Jesus, what are you, crazy?"

"She needs her car," Giovanni shrugged.

"Maybe try using your brain once in a while?" Roberto laughed. "If the girl has no car, you can take her out and drive her around. You know what I mean?"

"No," Giovanni shook his head as Roberto wiggled his eyebrows. "It's not like that."

"Not like that?" Roberto snorted. "You down here, she's up there? What are you doing? Shakespeare at the park?"

"I don't know her," Giovanni said again. "She's just some random girl."

As soon as the words were out of Giovanni's mouth, he watched Roberto's eyes flickered to someone behind him. Looking over his shoulder, he felt his heart sink as he spotted Anjali standing a few feet away. Her big brown eyes flickered as she shifted her weight around awkwardly. The small smile on her lips was replaced by a frown. Giovanni's heart began to beat with anxiety.

"Hey, sweetheart," Roberto broke the silence. "You car here is as good as gone. Do you want me to call the rental place and tell them to come pick it up?"

Anjali nodded, "Yes, please. I would really appreciate that."

"I'm sure they can bring you a replacement too," Roberto spoke as Giovanni continued to stare at Anjali.

"That would be helpful," Anjali said quietly. "How much do I owe you?"

"For what?" Roberto laughed.

"For the tow service," Anjali said. She could feel Giovanni's eyes on her, begging her to look at him. But she couldn't meet his eyes. "And for looking at it."

"Ah don't worry about that," Roberto said, knowing Giovanni would take care of the fees. "I won't charge you for getting stranded."

"Are you sure?" Anjali asked. "I don't mind-"

"It's fine," Giovanni spoke up. "I'll take care of it."

"No," Anjali frowned, reaching for her purse. "I can't let you do that."

"Anjali," Giovanni stopped her as she stepped forward with her wallet.

"Thank you for helping me," Anjali looked up at Giovanni for the first time since coming down to meet him. Her chest tightened as she caught his blue gaze. "But I got it from here."

"You sure?" Roberto asked.

Anjali nodded, "How much was it?"

Giovanni's jaw clenched as the girl stepped around him and followed Roberto into the small repair shop. He listened to her speak softly to the man before stepping out and stopping beside him.

"Thanks again," she said, turning towards the hotel.

"Anjali, wait," Giovanni grabbed her hand.

Surprised by how warm his hands were, Anjali felt her breathe hitch in her throat. She turned around and looked down at her hand as Giovanni quickly let go and apologized.

"Anjali," Anjali moved her hand to the straps of her purse and held it tightly. "Anjali Malhotra. This random girl has a name."

Giovanni frowned. He didn't know what to say to her as she backed away and headed into the hotel.