CHAPTER 5:

Kakashi

I heard "such an infuriating man" muttered through the wall a few moments after she shut the door and I laughed quietly. I let out a huge sigh when I leaned back into my chair. I needed to compose myself, she was right, we needed to be able to work together. I wasn't naive enough to believe I could do this job by myself and if my head advisor hates me, my life would be horrible.

I grabbed the phone to call her and she answered after a few rings, "hello?" her soft voice short circuited my brain and I was silent for a few moments. I heard rusting and I shook my head. "I need tea. Black" then hung up, trying to calm my heart down. I heard her door open and close and only then was I able to take a full, much needed breath. I started on some paperwork, when I looked at the clock on the wall I noticed it's been almost 20 minutes. My brows furrowed, instantly irritated I stood up and made my way to our shared door. As I reached for the knob, I heard your door open and voices filtered in.

I heard yours loud and clear and a second later, I heard Genma's. Jealousy was a sneaky bitch and she rushed through me so fast, I couldn't control my body when I opened the door quietly and leaned against the door frame. You didn't notice causing my arms to cross and my jaw to clench.

"Oh! I'm sorry Genma-Senpai but are you here for something?" you said and I cut him off.

"For me" my voice come out hard and I had the urge to clear my throat. He gave me the same bullshit excuse I used to use and I now understood how fucking annoying it sounded.

You brought over my tea but I kept my eyes on Genma who flicked his gaze from me to her, awareness filled his gaze and he smirked. When you asked if I needed you for the meeting, I was too annoyed with this feeling, I only responded with a "no." You turned and made your way to your desk while telling Genma it was nice seeing him. 'Nice?' I wanted to scoff, Genma was a bigger man whore than I was, more so now that I've been on a hiatus. When an offer was mentioned between them, red filled my vision; if Genma caught it when he walked past me, he was smart enough not to comment on it.

I realized I was still standing there when you asked, "Is there anything else, Hokage-Sama?" Irritation clawed at my skin at the title, you grace Genma with his name but i'm "Hokage-Sama"? I didn't trust my voice so I turned and slammed the door at little too forceful.

Genma sat comfortable in the car across from my desk while I sat sat in mines. He had a smug look on his face and I wanted to slap it off him.

"You don't need to be so mean, Kakashi. She's a sweet girl." he said with a smirk.

"Is she?" my head titled. "Please share how you know her so well." If he fucked her, i'd have to kill him.

He shrugged. "I've done a few missions with her." he said vaguely.

"Hmm. I've never seen her before."

He scoffed, "Because you weren't looking." a small laugh leaving his lips. My brow raised.

"Oh come on, you've seen her!" his head nodded in the direction of the door, thank God my office was soundproof.

"I have." I said emotionless.

"You're not as good of a liar as you think you are, Kakashi. She's been in the village since she was born, you've just never noticed because Mai had you following her around by your dick." I stiffened, Mai was one of my greatest regrets and the very reason why the 4th war happened.