Chapter 21 + Epilogue

Start from the beginning

As the plane descended onto the small island airport, you felt a fluttering in your stomach that had nothing to do with the turbulence. You couldn't believe that you were finally here, on your honeymoon with Joel. As you both stepped off the plane and onto the tarmac, the warm, tropical air enveloped you, and you felt like you were in a dream.

Joel took your hand as you walked through the airport, a huge smile on his face. He had been so excited about this trip, and it was clear that he was still on cloud nine after the proposal. As you exited the airport and stepped out into the bright sunshine, you both took a deep breath and smiled at each other.

"Can you believe we're here?" Joel said, his voice full of excitement.

"I know, it's amazing," you replied, taking in the stunning view of the turquoise waters stretching out to the horizon.

Over the next few days, you and Joel explored the island, taking in the sights and sounds of this tropical paradise. You went snorkelling, hiking, and kayaking and spent hours lounging on the beach, enjoying each other's company and the warm sun on your skin.

On the third day of your honeymoon, you woke up feeling a little strange. You couldn't quite put your finger on it, but something was different. You brushed it off, thinking it was just the effects of the heat and humidity, and got ready for the day.

You're sitting on the balcony of your hotel room overlooking the ocean, Joel's arm around you as you both sip on fruity cocktails. Suddenly, you feel a wave of nausea hit you, causing you to put your drink down and take deep breaths.

Joel notices your discomfort and asks, "Are you okay, babe? You don't look so good."

You shake your head and reply, "I don't know. I've been feeling weird for a few days now. I'm just not sure what's wrong."

Joel looks concerned and says, "Maybe we should go see a doctor when we get back home. Just to be safe."

You nod in agreement, but deep down, you have a feeling you know what's going on.

Later that day, after returning to your hotel room, you decide to take a pregnancy test, just to rule it out as a possibility. Joel is sitting on the bed, flipping through channels on the TV, when you emerge from the bathroom with the test in your hand.

He looks at you with a quizzical expression and asks, "What's that?"

You take a deep breath and reply, "It's a pregnancy test. I've been feeling off for a few days now and I just wanted to make sure."

Joel's eyes widen as he realizes what you're saying. "Are you serious? Do you think you're pregnant?"

You nod slowly, tears of joy already starting to fill your eyes.

Joel jumps off the bed and embraces you, spinning you around. "Oh my God, babe! This is amazing! We're going to have a baby!"

You both hugged each other tightly, tears of joy streaming down your faces. You had both been hoping and praying for this moment and now it was finally here.

You hug for a while, basking in the joy of the moment. Finally, Joel pulls back and looks at you with a wide smile. "We have to celebrate! Let's go out for a fancy dinner and toast to our future as parents."

You laugh and nod in agreement, feeling overwhelmed with happiness. The rest of the evening is spent discussing baby names and nursery ideas, both of you eager to start this new chapter in your lives together.