It's ten at night and she doesn't look as if she is preparing for sleep. I make this inference due to her lights being on and she is not wearing her bonnet that she wears to sleep.

She told me she wears it to protect her curls. I adore her curls.

"Ivy what are you doing?" I ask

"Making brownies with marshmallows."

"At almost eleven at night? You have work tomorrow."  I watch as she pours mini marshmallows in a mixing bowl.

I catch a subtle nod, "It won't take long. Fifty minutes at best."

I yawn breaks through me, "Make sure you get some sleep, okay?"

She nods with a hum, absentmindedly. "A lot of people like to just load the marshmallows on top of the brownies but I mix it into the batter. I just like it better that way." She shrugs.

"Ivy." I said her name more assertive even through my tiredness.

She pauses looking at the camera.

"Get some sleep, okay." I said softly.

Always when we are near each other my eyes draw to her and I sometimes catch the slight bags under her eyes.

She murmurs something to herself but shakes her head softly. "After I finish the brownies I will sleep."

I nod smiling softly, "Good night, girasole."

Her soft spoke, "Good night, cariño."

•••••••

Opening my refrigerator I place all the ingredients I took out for my sandwich back in their proper place.

When I close the refrigerator door I look back to where I left my sandwich, but it was a taco.

I grab the taco and that's when I started hearing a faint ringing sound. I set the taco back to down took look for the origin of the sound but I couldn't find it.

Not in the pantry, the refrigerator, the cabinets, not the kitchen drawers. The sound was annoying.

The ringing had gotten louder, I had woken up, but I didn't move. I stayed in my comfortable position under my covers with my eyes closed.

Begrudgingly, I squint my eyes open and a sense of irritation blankets over me as the annoying screen shines too brightly for the darkness surrounding me.

My eyes almost squint close as I read the caller ID and I couldn't help but wonder why she was up so late.

"What?" I answer the call, my voice low and gruff from sleep.

"Were you asleep?" Her soft voice enters my ears and it didn't help with my tiredness. She could lull me to sleep with her words.

"No. I was having a party."

"And you didn't invite me?"

"No." I put the phone on speaker letting my head fall back against the plush pillow.

"Rude." She scoffs.