"What's up with the animal stuff outside?

"Theme night." He answers, "The girls took a vote."

"Well I don't remember a vote so can I just put on this cute red outfit I got and I'll just say I'm angry bird or something." Astryd interjects.

"I don't think any customers are gonna care what type of animal you are as long as your shaking your ass— sorry, fat ass." I correct myself.

She laughs sitting down next to me on the couch, "Finally!" She exclaimed. "My ass gets some recognition."

"Astryd you're a stripper."

She looks a Blake narrowing her eyes, "Recognition that isn't just hoots and hollers."

He chuckles.

"I'm gonna go work the bar." I get up from the couch. "I'll probably be back for my break or at the end of my shift."

I walk to his desk and he hands me my name tag. I started leaving it in his office after I lost the other one, and now he keeps it in his desk drawer.

I pin the name tag on the white baby tee that went well with my low waisted black miniskirt.

"I'll be here." He said as I walk out the door and I send him a smile over my shoulder.

I walk back to the loud music and find myself behind the bar counter tying an apron around my waist.

I focused on tying the string I didn't really pay Tyson any mind until his arm was thrown over my shoulder pulling me to him.

"Haven't seen you in two weeks and I don't even get a hey." 

I chuckle stepping out of his hold, "Sorry, I'm a taken woman now. These hugs won't do."

He blinks at me with wide eyes, "Taken?! It's only been two weeks and you already replaced me with another." He said dramatically.

I place a consoling hand on his shoulder, "No, not at all. You've been with me in spirit."

He turns away from me making a customer's drink, "Why haven't I been notified that my spirit was off with someone else? Guess my spirit was trynna replace me too."

I hit his shoulder, "Don't act all heartbroken, especially since you had Miss Ezmai keeping you company."

I watch as he tries suppress his smile at the mention of the person he was seeing, looking down at a lime in hand, and I am a hundred percent certain that if it wasn't as dark in here I would see a blush on his fair skin.

"Don't try to flip this. We're talking about you." He shakes his head.

I roll my eyes turning away from the conversation to take a customers drink.

I glance at Tyson, "You remember that one dude who works with Leo, and showed up the apartment one time?"

"The one in the suit?"

I nod, "We're together-ish"

"Together-ish?"

"We're together." I said more certain pouring vodka into a glass and handing it to the customer in exchange for cash.

"And you didn't do any crystal voodoo?" He asked teasingly.

I kicked the back of his knee watching as his knees buckle and he tries to get his balance, laughing at the annoyed look on his face.