chapter three.

sudden out burst 
)
changmin's pov

i don't know where it all went wrong, but i will hundred percent blame it all on lee juyeon. my stupid damn soulmate. 

i arrived at school normally, walked with sunwoo to class and wrote all my notes like any other day. until it was lunch that i eventually had to see juyeon, who was currently sitting across from me and sunwoo in the lunch table as if we were friends our entire lives. which, we aren't. why did he have to take a seat with us? 

sunwoo was confused as i am. he glanced at me for answers but i had none to say to him. i looked at juyeon instead who still had a cheeky smile plastered across his face, i can obviously sense he knew what he was doing. it sent my blood boiling to throw a punch to him. 

"good evening my new lovely friends," juyeon interrupts my thoughts and speaks first, catching most of all the students in the cafeteria who were eager as i was to know what the kind sweet bad boy of the school was sitting with the annoying bratty rich kid. 

the smart ones who didn't care what was going on were the ones i liked the most. they minded their own business, unlike others. 

sunwoo, being the extra person i have ever met, puts on his act and decides to look like one of those petty bratty kids in movies. "what are you doing here, ugly face? get out of here, i can't stand looking at your face," sunwoo spats, but i don't feel at all proud of having him by my side right now. i feel secondhand embarrassment that i really want to push him out of here before he says or does something even more stupid and embarrassing. 

i eye sunwoo and he flinches, backing away and instead mumbling a quite 'sorry' to juyeon and afterwards hiding his face in his knees as he reflects on his own actions, like i've taught him before. 

juyeon chuckles and looks at me, making me feel shift under my seat, unsure of what he's going to say next that it sets me off edge. "is that your friend?" he asks, and my shoulders relax for unknown reasons. 

"kinda.." i lied, too embarrassed to fully say 'yes' after sunwoo's comment and all. 

juyeon smiles, and it makes my stomach churn. i grimace at him and avert my gaze to the semi crowd around our table. slowly, i look back at juyeon. "can you like...go somewhere else? you drawing too much attention that i don't want." 

juyeon hums, making me think he's actually gonna go, but he instead puts his chin on top of the palm of his hand that was on the table; he makes himself more comfortable. "i don't want to," he simply says, and he seems to have looked at me with the expression of 'pretty face.' he does have a pretty face, or, more so a handsome face, but i don't have to think twice more about that as i feel myself get even more annoyed by the sudden response. 

i want to tell him that i'm not really asking him to leave, i'm ordering him to leave because i don't want to see him right now. but, i say nothing of that sort. instead i squint my eyes as i stared at juyeon even harder. i stare at him not because i want to, but because it sorta helps me think of what i should do next. i wonder if juyeon thinks i'm staring at him because i find him interesting, but that's not the case for me. i don't find him or anyone interesting, they're all just annoying unpleasant things to look at. 

i scoff when i finally think of the only thing i can actually do. without looking away from juyeon's gaze i grab sunwoo's wrist and stop him from doing whatever it is he was going to do (which was take a bite from his food), i stand up and practically force sunwoo to stand up as well. 

"what're we doin?" sunwoo asks, stunned and completely confused. 

i finally avert my gaze from juyeon to sunwoo and whisper one word. "run." and so sunwoo nods and looks back at juyeon before we both run away in allusion, hurrying out the crowd that once huddled around us as if we were about to fight like wild animals, only caring about the drama. sunwoo decides to scream to make it extra and i have to stop myself from grabbing his arm and leaving him behind.