Chapter 2

Farquaad wasn't saddened by his father's passing. In fact, he was relieved. As the oldest, he never wanted to take on the family banking business. He wanted to rule his old kingdom.

Originally, him and O'Hare bought Dunloch. But when O'Hare also began his own air business, he started flaking on Farquaad. Soon, Farquaad was the only one attending meetings, running the kingdom, and arranging balls. Edna was off running her fashion empire, so there was only one thing left for Farquaad to do.

Stage a coup and take his brother's share of the kingdom, of course.

He knew O'Hare felt betrayed. As they walked out of the Hooter's in the fading sunlight, he could see how tense O'Hare really was. The fine lines under his eyes and his receding hairline (unfortunately genetic) struck Farquaad in a way he couldn't explain.

They really weren't boys anymore, were they?

"So, uh, Edna," Blanc drawled. "I know you're excited to get out and investigate, but I'm gonna need you to stay here with O'Hare. Because of his parole tracker, we really can't take him out further than this."

"Oh," Edna said. Farquaad could tell she was disappointed.

"I'll stay with O'Hare," Farquaad found himself saying. Everyone turned around and looked at him in shock. "I'll make sure he doesn't go anywhere. You go, Edna."

Edna's face brightened minutely, with just the smallest lift of her eyebrows.

"I guess that's fine," Blanc agreed. "Well, we'll keep in touch."

The brothers watched as the others to made their way to the Kia.

As they drove off, O'Hare looked at Farquaad.

"So," O'Hare started.

"So," Farquaad responded.

"Wanna get absolutely fucking turnt?" O'Hare said.

"I thought you'd never ask," Farquaad smiled.

<b>A/N</b>: Hey guys omg I'm so sorry I'm late!! I got sent to the psych ward and then I had to go mushroom foraging to please the mob lords that live above my family's diner and demand money for protection hahahhahah. Let me know what you think (Constructive criticism is NOT appreciated).