There's Only One Star

Start from the beginning

"Kenzie, you too," Mommy said, tossing her her pajamas

When I left the bathroom, Kenzie went straight in.

"You look so adorable, now, off to bed," Mommy spoke, ushering me into bed.

Tomorrow was gonna be a fun day.

-

The next day, we were at the studio bright and early for class. I was excited, but also eggs-hausted. Haha.

"Okay. Come on, back it up. I have no idea how this is going to go down tomorrow. It could be a hip-hop combination just to see how quickly you pick up. Because I would say hip-hop is the most difficult of choreography to get," Miss Abby explained, and we got right to work.

"Hit it, hit it, hit it, hit it. Stroll, two, three, fourth roll, plié," Miss Abby continued, doing the dance. We laughed in embarrassment. Watching Miss Abby dance is funny. "Got it? Cross, chené, turn, pevo, kiss. Girls, you need to be stronger. Emphasize each move. It needs to be bigger. That girl standing next to you at that audition could have already done 20 videos. They know who she is."

Miss Abby made me, Maddie and Kenzie do it just us, and I was kind of scared. If I messed up, everyone would see. I did forget a small part, but I think I covered it up okay.

"Alright, next two. Max, if you go in an audition and do the choreography any different than what they gave you, you're finished. You can't change the choreography because it's hard, or you think you can't do it. They don't care. You do what you're told whether you like it or not." Dang it. "Alright, next three."

I did feel a little sad about what Miss Abby said. I didn't mean to do the dance different, I just forgot it. But Miss Abby hates it even more when we cry.

I stopped the tears the best I could, but I think my face was a little red.

"Aw, Max, don't cry," Chloe said, giving me a small hug. "Don't worry about it. You're gonna do great at the audition, I know it."

"Thanks," I whispered, trying to get rid of the redness on my cheeks so Miss Abby wouldn't notice.

Thankfully, Chloe was the only one who saw the almost tears. I think the cameras may have caught it. They catch everything.

-

A few hours later, I was hanging out in one of the dressing rooms of the studio with Maddie, Chloe, Kenzie and Brooke.

"Maxie, you have an interview," Mommy said, entering the room. I jumped off my chair and followed her out and onto set.

I sat in the chair in front of the backdrop, pretty used to this routine by now.