1. Formal greetings

Bahrain
Tuesday

Ariella's pov

I checked over my outfit in the mirror once again to confirm it looked okay. The reflection displayed the dark blue dress I had on. It hugged my features down to my waist, where it then became more flowy, only to be cut off at the top of my knees. The sleeves were long and puffy also, cuffing at the wrists.

I completed the look with a simple pair of black heels, the ones that wrapped around the ankle.

Christian told me recently that there was a formal party before the start of this years season. I don't think they've ever done this before, maybe it's just because Parker and I are the first female drivers to ever race in formula one, but I don't know.

Christian also told me it will give me an opportunity to meet the other drivers on the grid before season starts.

The knock at my door causes my body to jolt slightly. I pull my reflection from the mirror. Opening the door, I am faced with my best friend, Parker.

"Are you ready yet? You've been getting ready for ages now." I roll my eyes sarcastically at her words.

"I didn't take that long don't exaggerate. It was only..." I look down at my phone trailing off. I actually did take forever, about 50 minutes actually. "Never mind, let's go." Her face changes to one saying 'I told you so'.

Parker gets us an Uber. Her thought process was "just incase we get too drunk we don't have a car to worry about!" I tried to tell her I don't plan on drinking but she didn't believe me.

"Holy shit" Parker breathes from beside me, marveling at the sight of the building.

I nod in agreement. Walking in the large structure, a gentleman in a dark blue suit and tie pointed us in the direction of the party room.

"Holy shit." Now it was my turn to marvel. When the man told us the 'party room' was this way I expected an actual party room. The room we walked into, however, was closer to a ballroom.

"Ariella! Good to see you made it!" Christian shouts, making his way over to me. I think he may be slightly intoxicated "Parker, glad to see you." She just waves in response before she walks off in her own direction, toward Lando.

"You look amazing, Ariella." Christian wraps one of his arms over my shoulders

"Hello Christian. You don't look to bad yourself." I say, gesturing to his outfit.

He leads us to a slightly elevated corner of the room before his arm unwraps itself from my shoulders. From this angle, you could see almost everything in the room.

"Take a good look at this. Really breathe it in." Yeah he's definitely intoxicated. I don't respond to this and he questions, "are you breathing it in?"

"Yup, really breathing it in." I'm holding back a laugh now.

"Good. Now go make friends." He smiles, pats my shoulder, and walks away.

I chuckle to myself about the encounter, my shoulders shaking slightly.

"Something funny?" An accented voice speaks from my left.

"Yeah, uhm," the encounter with the stranger catches me off guard. "I'm so sorry but I can't remember your name for the life of me." I feel bad saying the words. I recognize his face but I just can't put a name to it.