𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

now playing: fire on fire — sam smith

fire on fire

"i'll come back for you, tsireya, i promise."

would normally kill us

the comforting words echoed in her mind as she raced through the forest. the wind felt cold against her tear-stained cheeks. overgrown roots threatened to trip her up as they scraped at her legs. the sky overhead was a cloudy gray, with a threat of a storm on the rise. it did not seem to bother her, however, as nothing could worsen this day.

with this much desire

the words rang true, in memory and reality. lo'ak had come back for her. it was now a memory, bittersweet in her mind. she was finally whole again with him in her life. it was all perfect, until...

together we're winners

her parents had rejected lo'ak. even though he stayed for many more years, completed training, and became a warrior of the metkayina clan. he had all the rights of any other metkayina warrior his age. but he was not permitted to become her mate. if it were to be so, when tsireya became tsahìk, lo'ak would have to take the position of the metkayina oloeyktan.

they say that we're out of control

but he was still a demonblood, an outcast. he had left their clan long ago with his family and was absent from many. he would never be oloeytekan of the metkayina. he was not worthy to protect and lead the clan, were her mother's exact words.

and some say we're sinners 

tsireya's heart was broken by ronal's rejection of her relationship with lo'ak. tonowari had even chosen to take the side of his wife, after a bout of persuading. the traditions of the metkayina were more important to them than their own daughter's feelings. their decision hurt tsireya deeply.

but don't let them ruin our beautiful rhythms

the argument had not lasted long.
ronal had told tsireya to choose.
her clan, her family, her people...
or lo'ak.

'cause when you unfold me

tsireya had chosen him.

and tell me you love me

and so they ran. far, far away from her family, her people, the place she called home, deep into the secluded forests away from the village of awa'altu. they were both deemed "outcasts" now.

and look in my eyes

tsireya felt her strength fading, the running was causing her to become tired. all of a sudden, she felt a firm hand against her back. she looked up to see lo'ak by her side, catching up to her pace.

you are perfection

"keep going," he breathed, his eyes focused on the path ahead of them.

my only direction

tsireya swallowed the rising lump in her throat and ran, willing her tired legs to take her just a bit further. she knew that wherever she went, she would follow lo'ak. she always knew in her heart that she would choose him.

it's fire on fire.

over and over again.