xix. premonition

Beginne am Anfang

It was a different kind of pill to swallow, and that pill was something of grief.

It was an aching pain.

The worst pain.

   "M—Mom, please," Vee cried. "Co—come back...please—I can't—can't do this."

"Ple—please. Mom."

   His cries became louder and louder, each time he screamed a light exploded. Now the gas oven was becoming hot in temperature. He wasn't paying attention as his abilities started to go haywire and turn it on so the flames can spread.

   The fire above the oven was high, almost touching the ceiling, and all Vee did was cry in his ball. Clutching his tiny chest.

   Before the flames touched the celling again someone had grazed his arm.

   "Stop!" Vee screamed, the white fridge next to him slammed again at his outburst along with the man who was pushed back a bit.

   It took a while for Vee to look up from his position at the man but once he saw who it was. His eyes immediately softened. "R-Ron?"

"Yes—Kid, it's me! It's just me, okay?" Ron tried to comfort the boy by rubbing the tears from his cheek. "Can you hear me now? How many fingers am I—"

Vee just embraced the man, the heat in his body traveling through his veins that were a scalding green. And his eyes that glowed that bright green. He cried in his shoulder, he mumbled things the man couldn't hear and heard soft whispers from Ron but he couldn't understand them.

He just cried, and laid in the embrace of Ron.

And the flames began to cease.

𓄇

     It was late at night, and the building had became colder despite the recent heat. Hot chocolate and a blanket was placed over the frail body of Vee.

   He took a couple sips of it, at first Ron told him to go slow because it was fresh and terribly hot but Vee just chugged it as if it was nothing. Ron only stared in a shock for a moment while Vee asked from more hot chocolate with a calm smile.

   Now, vee had been laid on the rough couch of Ron's. Documents everywhere. Burnt marks on the celling. Glass on the floor.

   The home was...a mess.

   His outfit was different as Ron let him take a hot shower, it was now a long black shirt with long fluffy pink socks. The shirt had Mac Fleetwood on it with hints of red and other designs.

   As Vee drunk more of the hot chocolate Ron walked in and sat down next to him, kind of awkwardly.

   "Do you need anything else or—"

   "No." Vee answered.

   Ron nodded simply. "So....are you gonna tell me what happened in there?" He pointed to the boy's head.

   Vee's mood suddenly shifted into something dark. Something much more depressing.

   "Because for five minutes you just stayed staring at the wall then suddenly you began breathing heavily then you started screaming—I thought you were dying or something. Or like your mind exploded." Ron explained, with concern. "And why didn't you listen to me? I thought I told you and that girl to get far away from here."