ii. kids

Thunder was heard outside of the basement of the boy who had taken them in

Thunder was heard outside of the basement of the boy who had taken them in. The thunder rumbled and raindrops could be heard outside on the window that rested above the couch that Twelve and Eleven. Eleven had a brown coat, courtesy of the dark haired boy, wrapped around her shoulders to keep her warm. Twelve also had a red coat, courtesy of dark skinned boy who couldn't stop staring at him, to keep him warm. Twelve at first didn't want to take it but decided that being wrapped in a warm coat was better than staying cold and wet.

Twelve's panted, along with Eleven's heavy breathing, was the only thing that could be heard in the basement. Honestly, Twelve was a bit creeped out that the boys had just been . . . staring for ten minutes.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" The raven haired boy asked the two but before they could answer more questions were asked.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" The dark skinned boy started to reach out to under Twelve's nose that had dried blood under it. Twelve leaned back out of instinct but before he could touch him, the raven head slapped his friend's hand away. "Stop it! You're freaking him out!"

"They're freaking me out!" The boy argued and Twelve gave him a slight glare at what he had said.

"I bet they're deaf," The curly head told his friends and before Twelve or Eleven could ask what dear meant he clapped in front of their faces. The two jumped back at the sudden clap, Twelve grabbing Eleven's hand out of instinct, and the curly head sighed. "Not deaf."

"All right, that's enough, all right? They're just scared and cold." The raven head told his friends and Twelve only glanced between the three boys. His face held a slight glare to it but also a flash of protectiveness with it. He gripped his sister's hand tightly and dared the boys to try anything. So far, they just seemed pretty harmless, and a bit weird, but he didn't know what they were capable of. But he could know what they were feeling.

Twelve focused a bit, a white noises entering his ears, and eventually he started to hear the thoughts and emotions they boys were feeling/saying. Closing his eyes and tuning out their voices.

Bald. Deaf people?

Confused?

Weirdo? Uncomfortable?

Scared . . . nervous.

Worried?

Twelve then found his way out of their minds and let out a pant. His eyes opened again, and their voices came back to him, as he felt a thick drop of blood go down his nostril. Dizziness hit him again and black spots appeared around his vision and he desperately tried to focus back before anyone noticed but it seemed someone already had.