Chapter 14: WT #2 Lenwë (Leaving)

Charles was stunned as he came, face to skull with the horrendous creatures.

"I think they might be doubling." Crystyl said drawing her dagger.

"Great." Charles said annoyed.

He and Crystyl lunged at the skeletons. They sliced at them and stabbed then futilely for hours.

"We can't beat them." Charles said between gasps of air.

"We can. We just need to kill them faster." She said

Charles stared ahead at the approaching soldiers and did not nod. He stood strong and spoke gritting his teeth.

"Egol Gwend."

"What?" Said Crystyl

"I have shortened the words of a famous elvish poet Indril Anwamane. 'Egol Gwend' is the name of a poem stating this: 'Sometimes to not fight is not the only answer. Sometimes.... Sometimes we have to be the brave ones and stand tall. And make the decision to run away. But run brave and strong.'" Charles put out his hand and looked at Crystyl as the skeletons approached

"' And run away together.' Egol Gwend means 'Sometimes Friendship' in elvish."

Crystyl looked at his and grabbed his hand. She smirked then looked back at the skeletons.

"Let's do this thing." She said.

"Very well Crystyl and Charles." The wizard said clapping his hands slowly. "I believe you deserve a tactile advantage sense your friend Bob isn't here to help you at this stage as I had planned. I believe... You lost these a while ago Crystyl." His voice seemed to smile as he said these words.

Suddenly Crystyl felt herself lift up. Charles smiled mouth open in awe.

"Crystyl..." He breathed "Your wings!"

Crystyl looked to her right and then to her left. She to smiled pulling Charles's mighty weight with ease and she flew across the hall ways of the catacombs laughing. Skeletons pooled below her and she didn't care. She twirled and twisted landing only as a gate opened in front of her. And they flew into the other stage looking around the small and dark place the doors closed behind them.

"Boy am I ever glad to see you to again!" A voice called out from inside the dim light room. The voice was Cedric

"Cedric! We missed you!" They said

"You have a lot of catching up to do!" Crystyl said

Crystyl felt the walls and soon realized it wasn't a room. Far from it in fact. They were stuck in a hollowed out part of the ground.

"Each of you has a tool. out of all you three... Two. Will make it out of shallow grave, to tell their families of this last stage." He said grimly.

Crystyl spoke out toward him. "I can tell what this means you know. You are going to only let two of us live. One person dies. And the two left are worthy." Crystyl started to tear up.

"Worthy to find your brother. Did you ever stop to think why you lost your brother? It's because you make people choose! Why force someone to talk about or choose between things and people when you can do things to make others happy! You are just a self-centered ego manic and I'd kill myself before I helped you, you sicko!" She spat

"Fine." He said with a monotone. "You all have none deadly tools. Find your way out."

His voice softened "I'm truly sorry."

And he was.