Mom

It was just another normal day. Deal with classes, help out any students that needed it, try and offer support where needed, and go to practice. That was currently the step that Yakumo was on.

She was a little behind schedule today. A student had asked for some help and it had taken longer than expected. But, Yakumo trusted the three girls were able to handle themselves for a bit until she arrived.

Well, she thought they would have started practice, but instead they were talking. She paused at the door and listened for a moment. What exactly were they talking about? She was curious to know.

"Where is she?" She heard Suzu ask.

"Maybe she had to talk to another teacher?" Hisame offered.

"Should we start without her?" Koharu asked.

"What are we supposed to be doing today again?"

"No idea, honestly."

Yakumo sighed. Perhaps she had been wrong. They did need her to start. She was about to enter and tell them to warm up, but paused as they continued to talk.

"She's always so strict on us."

"Of course, mom just wants what's best for us."

"Mom? Are we seriously going with that?"

"Why not? I think she qualifies for that name."

"Calling Yakumo-sensei 'mom' seems a bit weird..."

"Come on, not like she has to know. We've all accidently called her that before anyway. Just around us, I hope. No one has called her that to her face before, right?"

That was definitely not the conversation she had expected it to turn into. They... thought of her that way? It made Yakumo happy to know they looked up to her so much. Sometimes she did worry she was being too harsh on them. And after everything that had happened between them too...

"Just don't let her know we call her mom... she'll kill us."

Yakumo took a deep breath and entered the room, "Why are you not practicing?"

"Ah! Sorry, sensei!" The three of them said.

"Come on, get warming up." Yakumo ordered.

And so practice began. Yakumo was a little unfocused today. She could not stop thinking about what she had heard. Part of her wanted to tell them she knew. But, that might ruin it. She did not mind if they called her that. But, would they ever get bold enough to call her that to her face?

"Koharu, stop. You're tripping over your feet on those turns." Yakumo said, "Run through it again but go slowly."

"Okay!" Koharu nodded and did just that.

"You're not placing your feet properly. Try again."

"Right..."

Practice went on. Yakumo occasionally stepping in to correct them. She gave them a lot of independence. They should be capable of doing all of this alone. And they mostly were.

"Alright. That's enough for today. You did well." Yakumo called, "Is there anything we need to discuss?"

The three girls looked at each other for a while, before shaking their heads. They felt confident in what they had achieved today. They had run through a lot. It had all gone pretty well. There were a few mistakes here and there that had to be corrected, but that was it. Today had overall been a very productive day got them all.

"Alright then. I'll see you tomorrow." Yakumo said.

The three girls bowed to her. Yakumo nodded to them all and left the room. She waited a moment to see what they were going to do.