Ch. 11 Taste of Charming

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. It's weird, but kinda good. Mom's happy about it, but they fight a lot. Mom doesn't like the club," he explained, frowning a little. "I just wish they'd get along."

Angela tried not to look shocked at the admission. It was his honesty and openness that was shocking, not what he was saying. Clearly, the kid needed someone to talk to. "Oh. I'm sure they'll figure things out. Your Mom's just gotta get used to him being home."

"Guess so," Kenny replied, not convinced. He looked down at the art on his arm. "This is awesome, Angie. My dad's gonna love it! Can I go show him?"

  She nodded, pushing him towards where Donna and Opie were chatting. He ran away, showing off his new design to his parents. They glanced over, and she gave them a little wave. Donna gave her a nod of appreciation in response before beaming down at her son. 

"Undertaker!" Gemma shouted, and Angela got to her feet with a groan.

She stretched her arms over her head, her back popping as she did so. "Yeah?"

"Get over here and help!"

She cleaned up her little station, nodding to the teenage girl who had come to take over before heading towards the chili spot where Gemma provided very specific instructions on how to properly serve the chili. She fought the urge to tell her she wasn't an idiot but held her tongue and started serving.

She noticed Tara stop dead in her tracks as she scoped out the Charming PD booth. Stop and turn tail as if she was afraid of something. Of course, Gemma noticed too and asked Unser who he was. The Chief explained the guy was an ATF agent. Angela grimaced; that wasn't good. There had to be something big going on if ATF was being called to Charming of all places. She pretended to busy herself with cutting cornbread, but she felt Gemma hovering behind her. "You hear that, undertaker?" the queen asked.

" 's not like you were being quiet," she answered back with a little more sass than she meant to.

Gemma's eyes narrowed slightly, her head tilting to the side. "You and the doctor are getting close, huh? You know anything about her and the fed?"

"We only got coffee twice, Gem. Not exactly having sleepovers and telling each other our deepest darkest secrets," she answered honestly. "She hasn't said anythin' about a fed much less that one."

"Huh. Wonder what that's all about," Gemma murmured, her hands on her hips.

Angela shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine."

"You talk to your boy at all?"

"Every day," she replied flatly, mentally cursing said boy for not being there. If he was, she'd have been excused from the booth by now. Probably be going over to where Bobby was singing to listen to their song together, get a dance in as Juice had promised. Her phone went off, and she couldn't help but grin. "Speak of the devil."

She could see the corners of Gemma's mouth twitch just slightly as if she were fighting a smile. "Go 'head and get it. Tell him I say hi."

Angela nodded, scurrying off before Gemma could change her mind. She headed towards the steps of the high school where she and Juice had sat not so long before watching the fireworks. "Hey you," she greeted, lounging back against the stairs.

"I am so sorry, Angel," he stated foregoing his usual greeting. "Did everythin' I could to be there."

She sighed softly, pulling her knees up to her chest. "It's fine, goof. Had a feelin' you weren't gonna make it when you went on that run."

"Yeah," he said on a sad sigh of his own. "How's the day goin'?"

Angela noticed Jax walking over to the gym with another guy, both of them heading inside. She raised an eyebrow before shaking her head to herself. "Fine. Gemma seemed to approve of my homemade cornbread. Made me paint faces for a good half of the day, which was kinda fun."