If You Don't Woe Me by Now

Start from the beginning

"Maybe it's malfunctioning? How very confusing, why can't there be an easy fix button like a big red button, then again, I guess that removes the challenge of a mystery." I said to myself, rambling on, if Fester hadn't spoken up I would've forgotten he was even there.

"So, do you know what you're dealing with?" Fester said asking if I knew.

"Nope, but I'd say that's the exciting part" I said as I approached Fester with overexcitement
"Not knowing something is quite rare for me, also, I had another observation or question, buuut I think we should hide ourselves first, for I believe we have a visitor approaching the statue" as I could hear the sounds of snapping fingers. Soon enough we both hid ourselves out of sight, and observed the individual who entered the room being Xavier.

Why was he here? Well, he is a club member, so there's no surprise there and it seems he's returning a book. Maybe he's just looking for another book to read, but my ears once again caught another sound, once again I heard the sound of snapping fingers, and behold there was Wednesday, so I was right, Fester was indeed here for Wednesday.

"Uncle Fester?" Wednesday said not knowing that Xavier was also in the room.

"Who's Uncle Fester?" Xavier asked the raven haired girl.

"What are you doing here?" Wednesday asked the artist.

"Since I'm an actual Nightshade, I don't have to explain myself. What's your excuse for creeping around in the middle of the night?" Xavier asked wanting to know Wednesday's reason.

"Research." Wednesday responded.

"On the monster? I'll save you some time. There's nothing in here matching that thing." Xavier said.

"Isn't that convenient?" Wednesday said as she turned around to leave.

"You know what your problem is?" Xavier said not sounding very pleased with Wednesday

"I would love to hear your piercing insight." Wednesday said.

"You don't know who your real friends are. I've been on your side since day one. I literally saved your life. I believed your theories when nobody else did. And what do I get in return? Just nothing but suspicion and lies." Xavier said.

"Fine. You want honesty? Here it is." Wednesday said.

"Every time the monster's attacked, you've been right there." Wednesday said as she approached Xavier.

"Starting with Rowan at the Harvest Festival. Then on Outreach Day, you arrived just minutes after the monster disappeared, yet you say you didn't see it." Wednesday explained.

Her reasoning is sound, for every encounter we had with the monster, he always showed up a few minutes after, it seems too good to be true, something doesn't feel right.

"I didn't realize proximity was a crime." Xavier said as he walked away from Wednesday.

"Then there's your drawing obsession. You have drawn the monster dozens of times, yet you've never seen it. Or so you claim. You even drew where it lived. Then when Eugene went to investigate, you tried to kill him so he wouldn't spill your secret."

"You think I would hurt Eugene?" Xavier said not believing what Wednesday suggested.

"Let's not forget your oh-so-convenient appearance after Tyler had been attacked at the Gates mansion."

"If I am the monster, then why haven't I killed you?" Xavier said as he approached the girl.

"Because for some reason I cannot fathom or indulge, you seem to like me." Wednesday said trying to deny the possibility of Xavier liking her.