He Who Appears From The Shadows To See Those He Holds Dear

Soon though, Wind was off leaving the other 8 heroes of courage behind, not noticing Wilds lingering gaze on his back. The path to the town was cleared of monsters quite a while ago by Wind and Wild, who with his trench could be seen as a pirate from far away. Soon after arriving he heard chiming, grabbing the device, he answered their call, "Hey Sailor!" Warriors greeted, "We were hoping to be in link with you while you roamed."

Wind grinned at the pun that the others had mixed reactions for, "Not sure thats a good idea, some of these guys have very good hearing."

Wind could hear Time frowning as he said, "Well, if you're sure." Wind reassured them as he jumped onto poles that went the stretch of the riverside.

Popping the device in his pocket, the pirates had persuaded him to change into a button up with frayed arms and black shorts, the dark green jacket Forest had given him and some solid brown boots. Though Onyx shoved on his old cap, saying how he wasn't allowed to be without it, until he left. "Hey Link." The tavern owner greeted Wind as he stepped into the bustling workplace.

"Oi, Link! Come 'ere." A woman called Onyx. None of Forest's crew used their real names. Once you join Forest you leave those behind, Link aka Wind being an exception. Onyx had black hair that went past her shoulders and milky dark chocolate skin, her eyes were a beautiful azure colour. While she had a soft face, the few scars littering her face would tell you she could handle her own. They also only added her beauty.

"Hey Onyx!" Wind called as he bounced over, he immediately noticed the crew of the Shizen No Ōkamiand looked lively than before.

"You should have told us where you were housed L!" Ray commented from next to Onyx. Ray, his full name X-Ray given to him for being able to know whether anyone had a broken bone from close or afar just by sight and a gut feeling, a clean break or fracture? No use trying to hide it from him. Ray was the second medic after Forest. Unlike Onyx, who he knew nothing about, Ray was saved by pirates who had been the main supplier of a black market ring that Forest abolished before Wind had joined the crew.

"Oh yeah, why's that?" Wind asked, thanking the bartender for the mug of hot chocolate.

Onyx and Ray shared grins, "Because Captain came back, just for the night." At her words the crew cheered again all in high spirits.

"Really! Why?" Wind asked, he had to know why. Why did he come back and only for one night?

Ray and Onyx shared bemused looks, "He came back to tell us to get a new captain, yes he did." Static spoke from another table, causing everyone to burst out laughing.

Wind felt a rock hit his stomach, "what?"

Onyx looked over sadly, "he said to move on and get someone else to lead us," Her frown turned into a cheeky grin, "but since when have we been good at following orders we don't like, he's proved to us he's alive! So we are going to wait for him. No matter how long it takes!"

"Yeah! We will now and forever!" Wind agreed, he thought back to the small pond in the forest of his home island. The sword and captain's hat sitting on the hilt, the box of pictures buried underneath. Wind hadn't yet been brave enough to ever touch or move it from its place, but he knew Tetra did otherwise the blade would have gotten at least a bit rusty by now.