𝑰𝑽.

THE KNOT WITHIN HER STOMACH pitted, the shimmer of the knife slicing around the air grew with anxiety. The familiar body of her friend now dangled from the second story. "I always wanted to stick something in you Tara!" this was real, his words were a bucket of ice pouring down her spine waking her up from a sweet sound dream.. only to be met with a nightmare reality. She laid there still, doused in the blood of her friends.

Still, stay still.
The thought repeating in her head over and over, the three thought her to be dead and it was smart to stay that way.

The night before was anything but glamorous, nothing they ever pictured it to be like in the movies. The rest of the AM ticking time was spent in the washroom of their dorm, the sound of vomit splashing in the toilet haunted the air for an hour. Chiming in a word in between puking out her stomach about how her party crush was never going to talk to her again.

Quietness, silence, not a peep yet spoken in the room. Mindy curled up on her small single bed, hugging her mangey childhood plush, Indiana with earbuds shoved in from listening to a podcast in attempt to sleep last night, and poor chad and his six foot something self sprawled out on the small couch.

eyes fluttered open to be met with the morning rays once again. The tired Indie glanced around at the room, neither of the two were awake, and probably wouldn't be for awhile.

ding

"hm?" the curly brunette lifted her frail fingers to pull at the cord attached to her ears, her phone slowly trailing closer. squinted eyes scanned the bright screen and the message upon it.

Last night was quite eventful, thanks for the fun time

who?

The hungover and confused Indiana stared at the message upon the screen for a hot minute before it sank in. "oh.." cheeks rushed with heat as they tinted a light red, it was Ethan. Fingers tapped quickly against the small glass.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I'm glad you enjoyed it! puke and all, haha

it was definitely one of her most memorable first impressions, this coming close second to the time she met her best friends boyfriend in a bra.. definitely more embarrassing. Lost in thought the phone vibrated, the black screen lighting up white once again.

You free? I feel like getting a coffee

Did he just asked her out to coffee? yes he did. Indiana tapped her thumb against the side of the screen as her brain attempted to process anything the boy was saying this early in the morning.

                         I've never been much of a coffee              ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ person but considering you had to watch ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ my roommate vom i'll take you up on that ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ offer

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ just this once

with the tap of a finger she hit sent, placing her phone down upon her chest— a thin smile creeping onto her face. why was she so smiley? she barely knew the guy. the last thing she needed with her heavy work flow at school was some "party crush" as Mindy put it.

ding!

The brunette lifted her phone up in what seemed like light speed, oracles quick to scan across his message.