Chapter 43 - The Hostage

Start from the beginning

"And what about him?" Indi questioned. "You're just going to leave him here?"

"No. He's coming back with us. I just need to check up on our little Zone buddies." Xed sweetly spoke and soon a door shut.

       Yama deduced that it was ahead of him to the right. By the sound of it, it was steel. A back room maybe? The floor felt hard like tile and it smelt muggy in here. As if the room was damaged by water. That could only mean one thing. He was being kept in a back room somewhere near the river still. It was only a theory, but one he'll keep assuming until he gets some more information.

        Until he can come up with an escape plan, he was stuck here. Bounded to a chair and blinded.

       He tsked to himself. Karma's a bitch...

"So where's the girl?" The feminine voice, now known as Indi spoke up. She walked to stand in front of him and Yama could feel her stare at him.

"Where do you think?" His smart remark made the female demon grunt.

       Indi leaned closer to him and jabbed her clawed finger against his cheek. "If you want to survive this, I suggest you do what's good for you."

"And that is?" Yama found her to be ridiculous. "I managed to avoid you for this long and held my own each time. I know exactly what's good for me."

"You're in our hands now." Indi hissed. "You don't get to decide what's good for you. But I'm not afraid to show you what happens when you test my patience."

"You're already testing mine-" Yama couldn't finish as he felt his right hand getting stabbed into and he bit back a scream of pain.

       The blade went right through the back of his hand into the arm of the chair underneath. The knife was held there as Indi's face came closer. "What was that? I didn't hear you."

"You-" Yama hissed but soon the knife started to twist. His teeth gritted together as he grunted at the pain.

"I could do this all day, you know?" Indi deeply spoke. "Your hand will just heal, sure. But if I just kept going..."

        The blade turned some more and Yama wanted to so desperately pull his hand away but couldn't. He couldn't move anything besides his head as his shoulders tensed and the wound begin to bleed.

"Maybe I can make sure this hand never heals right. Don't you think so, doctor?" Indi questioned, her tone ominous and so full of bad intent. Yama would've snapped back at her but his entire hand was already in so much excruciating pain. 

      Seeing him bite back his words from saying something that wasn't of use made the female lean back from her but she left the knife where it was. But her fingers tapped it mockingly as she watched the doctor. "I'll just leave this here. Just a simple reminder of what happens when enemies disobey."

       He heard her walk away. He didn't hear her leave through a door but she entered a different room behind him and started talking to others. Despite his hand, he took note of this as well. Of course, there would be others...

       He tried to keep his mind off of the pain and focused on how he was going to escape. Step one was to get these restraints off which would be harder with an entire knife pinning his right hand down to the chair. He was going to kill that demon. Somehow, someway, he was going to make she was dead before he gets out of here.

        Then there was that Xed guy. He said he was going to do some stalking. That single word answered some of the questions Yama had. Particularly, why the Elitists haven't made another attempt on the Zone since the last one and how Xed knew about him and (Y/N).