•Four days to Nationals•

We were all sitting on the floor of the studio, even the moms. We were sitting on matts that are used for tumbling while the moms sewed the costumes.

"Hey moms? Come on in here. I want to talk to you," Miss Abby said, coming into the room. The moms followed her out.

The girls were talking about who knows what while Kenzie was fiddling with some of the fabric.

"Maybe it will cut you," I muttered, and she threw it at me. I threw it back.

"Fight, fight, fight!" Paige exclaimed, and Brooke quickly told her to stop.

"No fighting. Kenzie, why did you throw the fabric?" Brooke asked, sounding like a mother.

"Max said that she hopes it will cut me," Kenzie snitched, and I gasped.

"No, I said maybe it will cut you. Not that I wanted it to," I argued.

"But the way you said it was mean!" Kenzie yelled.

"Guys, calm down!" Brooke shouted, but we ignored her.

"No it wasn't, I whispered it!"

"But I still heard it!"

"Guys, please shut up!" Brooke yelled, and we looked at her. She took a deep breath. "Max, why would you say that?"

"She stuck her tongue out at me yesterday and was saying mean things about my birthday," I explained. Kenzie glared at me.

"Kenzie, apologize," Brooke instructed. She groaned. I smirked. "You too, Max."

"What?" I asked, and Kenzie smirked.

"You heard me. Go," Brooke stated, and we both apologized. "There. Problem solved."

I was about to object when Kelly came back into the room, and she seemed heated. Probably something with Miss Abby.

"I heard yelling, is everything okay?" Kelly asked, sitting back down. Everyone looked at me and Kenzie.

"Just swell," Paige replied with a smile. Brooke gave her a weird look but quickly brushed it off.

Today was an average day, nothing special happened.

•Three days to Nationals•

We were running the group number, and I was very sleepy. It was only 6 in the morning!

"What's that arm doing on the fan kick? Nia, I don't want to start the day out screaming at you. Think about what you're doing. Do it right," Miss Abby scolded. "Turn that foot out. Get that up in the air!"

"No one's holding the mirror in front of their face," Gia spoke.

"That leg has to go up in the air, Chloe. Arch your back," Miss Abby corrected. "Chloe! Max, what are you doing? Look up at the judges, not at your sickled feet! Nobody wants to see those. Point them!"

-

After group rehearsal, Maddie and Chloe had a rehearsal for their duet. I love this dance, I love watching them perform it.