“Oh, God…Oh my God.” I can feel her fear pouring out of her.

“Listen to me and trust your instincts. They’ll guide you.”

I don’t know anything about his world so it’s only natural to listen to someone who understands what I’m going through if I’m to win this fight. My breathing stabilizes and everything goes quiet. A soft but commanding voice deep within me tells me what to do next. 

I can do this. I can fight him.

I straighten myself, snarling to get Damon’s attention. When his head turns, Caden tells Sarah to run, pushing her to the back room. I then rush at Damon, pushing him back and butting my head into his ribs to throw him off. He attempts to wrestle me down but each time I dodge and push him back with ease and agility.

Wow! This is easier than breathing.

My then snap at the scruff under his muzzle and he jerks back. Damon retreats slightly, a low growl in his throat. With a growl, I leap forward and sink my teeth deep into Damon’s upper shoulder. He squeals as I tear through fur and flesh to the sinew underneath. Then, with a snap, I throw him to the side.

Damon hits the wall so hard that it leaves a dent. He scrambles away from me then and sprints out the door.

I did it. I can’t believe I did it.

As the fresh blood coats my tongue, my vision bleeds red at the edges. Suddenly, rage fills me as an uncontrollable violence shudders through my body. I want to chase after Damon. I want to hunt him down and tear him apart. The rage of tearing his into shreds roars inside me with the need to hunt, the need to kill I have never felt before. I want to sink my teeth into his flesh as I witness the life leaving his limp body.

I roar with fury as Caden’s powerful, dark wolf slams into me.

Calm down. The bleeding is setting you off.’ With a jolt, I realize I can hear Caden’s voice like this. It rings in my head as if coming from somewhere inside me, swimming in my mind but the need to hunt grips at me firmer.

Get off me. I’m going to kill Damon.’

‘I want to track him down as badly as you do, but this isn’t the right time.’

‘I’ll decide that for myself. Let me go!’

‘No, I will not. This isn’t you, Arabella.’ Clamping the scruff of my neck in his jaws, Caden pins me down. With a low growl that rumbles in my pinned ears, he uses his commanding Alpha voice to reach me.

Calm down, Arabella. Let go of anger.’ In this form, his voice moves like hot honey through my veins as our bond roars to life. The need, the desire to submit is stronger than anything I’ve ever felt before.

‘Submit. Now.’ It’s all I can think of, clouding my vision and fogging my mind, calming me like ice to a wound. The fog clears as reason seeps back into my body. Caden stands over me, his mouth still wrapped around the scruff of my neck.

That’s it, Arabella. Find yourself for me.’ I let my body soften beneath Caden’s.

‘Good, Arabella.’ I close my eyes and curl in against Caden. His jaws loosen and I roll over on my back. He gives an approval, soft growl, nuzzling my neck and licking the spot he bit.

‘Good. Calm yourself down. You can do it.’ My body turns to liquid, molding beneath his as I sink into the ground. Caden growls in approval, nuzzling my fur and sending waves of foreign pleasure through my body. It really feels good to please him.

‘There you go. Take a deep breath. The rage is leaving you.’ I do as he says, breathing deeply, feeling the anger ebb away. All at once, the hold on my wolf form slips away. It dissolves as I shrink, returning to normal. I collapse with a cry, naked and human again. Caden shifts at almost the same second, putting him on top of me, his body as naked as mine.