Chapter Fifty seven: The Beginning Of Their Feelings (8)

Start from the beginning

So I told her about Chloe Roem. What do you think of Chloe?

You know how sweet and wise Chloe is, right?

I wish your partner were Chloe. If you would stay by her side, I would be so relieved.

Then we don't have to be separated because of marriage. Actually, I'm worried that I'm too far from you these days. I guess it's because I haven't seen your face for 6 months since I went up North. Let's set up a time to meet soon.]

Leila seemed to have noticed his feelings.

Having known Leila for a long time, Gerard knew what she meant although the letter made him quite upset. She must have done this with good intentions. Perhaps she wanted to help her friends, too.

However, she had crossed the line.

"Huff..."

Gerard noticed how little respect she had for him as his obsession disappeared.

How many people could ask the person who confessed to them to marry their friend? Leila couldn't have sent this letter if she was seriously considerate of Gerard at all.

Just because Gerard cleared up his mind about Leila now didn't mean the past was gone. But Leila acted as if she didn't remember those times. Gerard felt a slight irritation with her.

Moreover, it was unbelievable that she even told his mother the thing he wasn't sure of. It was rude. How didn't she know that pretending to know nothing is equivalent to respecting the other person?

'Or, do you want me to push you away without doubt?'

Leila probably wanted to hammer the nail in their relationship through this letter. She didn't know by expressing it this way, he would get his mind sorted about her.

Come to think of it, there were many parts of the letter that emphasized their friendship.

[Dearest Gerard,

When the scent of flowers is carried by the wind, it reminds me of our childhood.

You were shorter than me when we first met, but now I'm shorter! Every time I look up at you, I remember just how fast the speed of time is.

You know how precious time with you is to me. I hope that we will always be as dependent on each other as we were back then.]

It was impossible to figure out her real intention of sending this letter to him, but that's how he read it.

Gerard immediately pulled out a piece of paper and wrote back to her. He began to write without an ounce of hesitation.

[To Leila,

I understand what you mean. If that is what you really wish for I will comply.

Your old friend, Gerard]

He put down his fountain pen and looked at the scribbled paper nervously.

It was time for him to clear up his feelings toward Leila completely as she wished. There was nothing left, so it wasn't that difficult to begin with.

***

Owen, Mother, Leila. Not one, but three.

People around Gerard kept saying that he liked Chloe Roem. And acted as if they had to get married.

"Hm."

However, Gerard was not really certain about his feelings. It was bound to be difficult to wear his heart on his sleeve after he was obsessed with another for a long time.