All the Way Home🥀

Start from the beginning

He giggled as I pulled him into my arms and tickled him. He babbled off to me and I gushed all over him until he was pulled from my arms.

"Well, hello to you too.." I laughed.

"Mazi help your brother inside sn start your homework.."

"Okay mommy.." he skipped over grabbing his brother hand and I watched as they walked toward the door.

She did the same making sure they made it through the front door before she gently nudged my head.

"Ow?"

"When were you going to say you were coming home?" She asked.

"Surprise!" I laughed and held up my hands.

"How long are you home?" She smiled.

"Permanently... they switched production back to here indefinitely.."

"Seriously? Or are you lying?"

"No, I'm serious... we had the meeting yesterday." She pulled me into her arms tightly and I smiled as I took a deep breath relaxing into her arms.

I took in the scent I missed and found comfort. As if everything had disappeared around us I completely forgot where we were.

"Mommy! Mama! I need help!" We heard behind us and broke apart to finally go inside.

The help in question was homework so I sat down with Mazi and walked through the assignment with him.

For the steins to only be in kindergarten their work seemed to be really intense, but I helped him with it nonetheless.

The rest of the night went by and we ate dinner before getting the kids ready for bed.

••
Monica's pov

"Mya, I know you're excited Mama is home but she'll still be here in the morning, okay? It's time for bed.." I said as I pulled the covers back over her body.

"Promise?"

"Yes I promise. Now go to bed." I said before kissing her cheek and getting up to turn her light off.

"Good night.." I added and she said it back before I walked out leaving her door cracked.

I walked into my shared bedroom and started to get myself ready for bed. Brandy must've still been trying to get Benji to go to sleep because she still wasn't back.

I couldn't believe she was actually here. As much as I wanted her to be here I didn't think it would actually happen anytime soon. I was happy either way because maybe now we could finally talk through everything.

I started my shower and made sure to close the door behind me before getting inside. I stayed in for a while, washing the day off of me, and taking this time to relax before I got out.

"What you reading?" I asked as I snuggled into Brandy.

"Emails from my agent" she sighed and wrapped her arm around me. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Album cover and going over the final rollout of my album. Why?" I answered.

"Nothing I'll just follow you around all day.." She laughed and I joined in.

"You don't have to film tomorrow?" I asked and she shook her head. "No, we pick back up filming next week.."

I nodded and sat up before closing her laptop and moving it off of her lap. "Are we addressing the elephant in the room?" I asked.

"Ain't no elephant in here.." She laughed and looked around the room.

"Be serious..."

"Alright, alright. I feel like you had some things that you wanted to say to me."