17 | real life

"I CAN'T WAIT to meet the boys that have replaced me," charlotte laughs. "i mean honestly, the way you talk about them? they must have descended from god herself."

"this is such a crossover episode," lizzie puts an arm around her best friend. "there's no way this is real."

"you've only been here like a month, you couldn't have missed me that much," charlotte says.

"what, did you not miss me?" lizzie raised an eyebrow.

"nope," the taller girl replies. "i finally got some personal space."

lizzie rolls her eyes, chatting the rest of the uber to the triplets' place.

they all make their introductions before the two girls head up to nick's room to binge taylor swift's documentaries.

nick excuses himself to the bathroom and charlotte immediately sits up.

"please tell me there's something going on with you and matt," she says.

"what do you mean?" lizzie laughs.

"he's like," she pauses. "adorable. he's fucking adorable."

"i love matt," lizzie nods.

"no like he's actually cute!" she tries getting her best friend to agree. "you're telling me you haven't tried flirting with him at all?"

"no," lizzie laughs. "no, we're just friends."

"is there anyone that's got your eye yet?" charlotte pries for more information.

"no, i'm still just trying to get used to things," lizzie says. "it's not like back in philly, where we can just go to a party and find a random guy."

nick comes back and lays down next to lizzie, pressing play on the movie. luckily, charlotte drops the topic.

matt comes into nick's room with mcdonald's he just picked up, handing out the separate orders.

charlotte's on her phone immediately texting lizzie.

char❤️‍🔥
okay if you don't like him then i'm claiming

because wow

what a gentleman

liz❤️‍🔥
you go girl

get that boy

hours later, nick and the girls finally emerge from his bedroom and join his two brothers downstairs.

charlotte, being the never-subtle girl she is, sits next to matt on the couch while lizzie sits between chris and nick.

chris immediately looks up and smiles, then saying, "oh wait! i saw something i wanted to show you."

he proceeds to pull up an instagram meme of taylor swift and starts giggling as he hands his phone to the girl.

she bursts into loud laughter, showing the phone to nick before texting it to herself and handing it back to chris.

"that's actually so terrible that it's great," she says, still holding her face in laughter.

"so," matt starts. "rematch in mario kart?"

this time, lizzie makes sure chris doesn't get in her way, and she wins like she always should. chris ended up in second place, matt at the very end since they double-teamed him.

chris joined lizzie in a victory dance, both flipping off the middle triplet before handing their controllers to nick and charlotte.

after a long day of doing basically nothing, charlotte and lizzie get into their uber and charlotte immediately starts laughing.

"now i understand why you aren't pursuing matt."

"what do you mean?" lizzie asks.

"girl, it's so obvious," her best friend replies.

"uh, not to me."

"you like the other triplet." she says, "maybe not everyone can see it, but i know you."

"you're crazy," lizzie laughs. "we're all just friends. that's it. friends. also, technically coworkers."

"whatever you say."

charlotte went home a few days later, neither of them mentioning chris sturniolo again.