A friend first , A rival second.

((Before ya start reading, I'm not a writer and not good at it at all, it's not even a hobby or anything. I merely wrote this one night because I was bored, so please keep that in mind!))
.
.
.
"Haha! that actually worked!" Sonic beamed...the two hedgehogs were floating in space looking down to the earth...as they both glowed from their super forms, their quills flowing back and fourth softly, they have just succeeded in chaos controlling the ark back into a stable position, not allowing it to collide with and destroy the earth. Shadow sighed, exhausted. "Aw man..! I can't wait to tell tails and the oth-" he looked at the other hedgehog, his chipper smile fading at the sight of the other hedgehog seemingly not being himself.

"-Shadow are you alright?.." The green eyed hedgehog asked in a concerned voice, but the other did not look him in the eyes as he said "Yes...I am fine, hedgehog...just tired." shadow said as he held his chest, sonic closed his eyes and chuckled, putting a hand behind his neck.

"Oh...so am I! we should probably get back to the ark-" Sonic replied, knowing if their rings were to run out they'd plummeting down to earth, and he'd really rather not. Sonic opened his eyes to find shadow slowly floating downward a little, before sonic got to react the other hedgehog started falling at a reasonably fast speed, alerted and panicked, sonic flew down after the hedgehog and was barley able to catch his wrist.

"I got you!.." the hedgehog said holding onto the others inhibitor ring, relieved he was able to catch him. The black hedgehog looked up to stare into the other hedgehogs eyes tiredly. "Sonic..." the other hedgehog started,"....Let go." he said quietly. Sonics eyes widen as he processed what the other hedgehog just said." No..!" he refused. "If I let go you'll fall down to your death, shadow!" He exclaimed. "Let go." The hedgehog repeated more firmly.

Just when sonic opened his mouth to disagree with the hedgehog- "...If you don't we'll both be crashing down to earth." The hedgehog continued. "I cant just let you die, shadow!" The hedgehog shouted. "Sonic...your friends, they need you, you matter too much to lose you life at an attempt to save me." Shadow murmured, finally breaking eye contact. "But shadow!- you matter just as much as I do!" The hedgehog replied still not wanting to let go.

Shadow chuckled quietly. "Sonic. . .I already did what I had to. . .what SHE wanted me to." Sonic furrowed his eyebrows. before sonic got to reply, shadow looked back towards him with a small smile. "Thank you. . .for everything, sonic." he said softly as the other hedgehogs eyes widened "What-" .

. . .C L I C K !

He took of his inhibitor ring. . .and there he went falling. . .crashing. . .down to earth. sonic watched in horror as he clutched the inhibitor ring. the only thing he had left of the other. he felt his eyes turn misty as he looked down, he rubbed his eyes and shook his head, finally returning back to the ark. . .with a heavy chest.

"Sayonara. . . Shadow The Hedgehog..."

.

.

.

((That's all! XD I hope you enjoyed this despite my bad writing.))