Definitely, Maybe

Beginne am Anfang

"He's our best friend. And well, you're mine too. Isn't that what this is here? Two best friends helping each other feel good again? You said so yourself that you felt yourself lost. Is it because of him? I mean this arrangement is helping me with my breakup with Hermione. Kinda blows when someone dumps you for some snobby rich guy."

"You are my best friend. Feeling you up a little over the clothes is something to keep busy." Alice smiles.

Fred chuckles. "I mean, if you want to sleep with me. You can just ask. There's a first time to everything. I won't stop you."

Alice smacks his shoulder but laughs too. "You're a good kisser. I'll give you that."

"You're not so bad yourself, Smithy. No wonder FP was addicted to your touch."

Alice frowns. He takes note of that.

"Sorry. Too much?"

"What if I did catch feelings for him, Fred?"

"Don't beat yourself up over it. It's a common risk when hooking up with someone for the thrill of it."

"Did he ever talk about me?"

"Of course, he did. We're all friends."

"You didn't answer the question."

"Okay, maybe he did once. Hermione may have mentioned something to me."

"Hermione? When did that happen?"

"It was a quick chat when we were stuck in detention together. She let it slip that he was thinking that maybe you two could be serious."

"What?" Alice gapes. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Fred shrugs. "I didn't know you liked him like that. You're not exactly catching feelings for me."

"I'm not sleeping with you," Alice points out.

"I saw he moved on with one of the river vixens. I figured he just didn't feel that way anymore. Besides he didn't tell me. He told Hermione."

"So there could have been a chance if we just talked about it?"

"Seems so, yeah."

Alice rests her head on his shoulder. "I don't like knowing that now that it's too late."

"Who says it's ever too late?"

"This isn't a fairytale, Freddie. We can't even talk to each other. What makes you think we could work things out? That's why we just had sex, no talking."

"All we do is talk, no sex." He makes her giggle.

"And that's why we're best friends." She places her hand on his knee.

"We could put a pin in that and do it just once." He smirks.

"Don't push it, Andrews." She fondly rolls her eyes.

"Once to get it out of our system. I'll even sign an NDA." He elbows her side. "What do you say?"

"Funny," She pinches his cheek.

"It was worth a try," Fred laughs.

"Keep that sense of humor. The right girl will come your way."