Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

Jimin misses Keul and the situation made her think of many unwanted circumstances before what happened to Meojin. He hadn't gone to one of Keul's checkups yet, and it bugs him that theirs a possibility that Keul is being harassed by her doctor. They do have three family doctors and one happened to be a pervert. It made him even think of the worst case.

He messages everyone in the group chat. Namjoon, Taehyung, and Jungkook were quick to respond and immediately offer to take care of Huin so he can finish his issues. It was mostly Jungkook who offer since Taehyung is out of town and Namjoon already have Keul in his hands. Hoseok and Shang weren't responding for now.  Due to the rain, it was difficult for the rest to travel so they decided to go to the hospital when the rain stops.

Jimin felt great that there are friends who are willing to help them. Now he just needs to hope for the best and do whatever he can to help Yoongi and Seokjin.

─────────────────────

"What!" Jiyon screamed after Jungkook broke the news to him. He was about to ask Jungkook to repeat what he said but he cough violently, choking on his saliva.

"Sir-" Jungkook stood up almost immediately, helping Jiyon to sit down. Laying down seems to do no good for him even if it's what he needs to do the most considering his current condition.

"Meojin my poor princess" he spoke after feeling his throat relaxing. "Call the cops to arrest the bastard!" He seems to forget that the man in front of him was a cop.

"That bastard received serious wounds from Yoongi's attack and is currently unconscious, they can't arrest him yet" Jungkook responded. He's mad that someone did that to Hara's daughter. She's just a kid who's oblivious to how the world works. "I'll go to the station to assess the situation, I can help Yoongi out of jail"

"Good, do that. That man needs to be in jail for doing something so disgusting to my lovely granddaughter. I'm so thankful Yoongi fight him to sleep. If I was there, I'd murder that bastard on the spot" Jungkook can tell that Jiyon was furious. If he wasn't bedridden he would have driven to where that man was and beat him even if he was unconscious. Jiyon's condition is getting worse day by day. He loses body fat way too quickly and often coughs blood, which isn't normal considering it's been happening way too often. He's weak and sleeps for almost half of the day. Not to mention, he eats little, and couldn't stomach the food her swallows.

What concerns Jungkook the most is the fact that Jiyon has not spoken to Hara about his situation. He refuses to let Hara know because he said it could distract her from her work. In reality, he just doesn't want to face her with this condition. Jiyon is the only, last individual who knows how much Hara suffered after Baekhyun's death and he can't afford to make her suffer more because of him. He's aware that Hara will come to learn about his current condition but before that happens, he wants Hara to enjoy her profound hope. She's finally moving on from her depressed state.

Jungkook knows it too, but he can't bring himself to talk about it. He's been visiting Jiyon frequently to check his condition. It's a good thing that the elder isn't alone in the seemingly lonely home of his, there's attendance and a few home care nurses with a capable doctor who's currently staying in Jiyon's place. Their relationship became the same as a son and a father. 

Jiyon saw Jungkook like he saw Baekhyun. The two men are the same, from their movements, speech, and traits. It saddens Jiyon a bit because it always reminds him that Baekhyun is no longer in the land of the living.