Chapter 8 - Todoroki-kun

Chapter 8:

Since my time at U.A I'd become close friends with quite a few of my classmates. Mina-chan had somewhat become a best friend of mine, she'd looked after me since day one and that alone made us rather close. Turned out that Mina was in a pretty tight-nit friendship group (the Baku-squad) so I ended up hanging out with them a lot especially during lunch, we all got along pretty well. Except me and one particular guy - Bakugou Katsuki.

Other than that, I had become close to some of the others in my class too. Todoroki and Deku were reliable study companions, I often revised with them during after school hours. Ochako-chan too. She got along with Mina really well so we became friends through that, I really liked her. She was a sweet girl with a good heart. She reminded me of Deku in some ways and when I saw them together.. My heart melt a little, I always felt that they would make such a beautiful couple. Me and Mina talked about it all the time. Although, I tried my hardest not to bring it up, Ochako would be so embarrassed.

I believed after our project together maybe me and Bakugou would grow closer too. I was hoping that was the case, but apparently not. On the brighter side of things, he was at the very least, less aggressive toward me. Yet still acted as though he couldn't recall my name. He was a liar. He knew my name, I knew he did. But he just refused to call me by it and pretended as though he didn't remember. I just didn't understand why. What was wrong with this boy? It pissed me off.

We were sat together during lunch time. Bakugou not saying much to anyone.

"So we're all thinking of going the Library tonight to do some studying if you wanted to join us?" Mina asked.

"Oh actually, Todoroki-kun already asked me to revise with him for the test coming up on Monday."

Bakugou looked up from his lunch box and coldly stared into what felt like my soul. I averted his intimidating gaze, what was he so mad for?

"Oooo you and Todoroki studying alone together?" Mina teased, nudging me playfully.

"I-It's not like that." I automatically responded defensively, a light pink blush threatening to make its way to my cheeks. I felt a little embarrassed at what Mina was implying.

Bakugou started to look visibly agitated, he began grinding his teeth as though he was rearing up to say something.

"Why bother asking the Extra to study with us? Literally no one even wants her there." He scoffed maliciously.

He was wrong. These were my friends. I knew that he was wrong. That the others were my friends... But why did he have to say something like that?

It hurt. It really hurt.

Despite how he'd treated me before I tried to look past it. I thought that maybe we could get along, maybe we would both warm up to one another, that working together on our project would've changed things. Maybe not over night no, but at least something. He's not as snappy and aggressive as he once was but he still instigates sly little digs when he could. It used to make me mad but I felt so far past that, now it just hurt.

Our eyes met, I stared into his blood-red malicious gaze. Looking back with a pair of cold dead eyes of my own. We stared into each others eyes for what felt like the longest of times, the tension building more and more, yet we refused to say another word. I got up slamming my hand on the table once again breaking the silence.

"I think you'll find it's YOU no one even wants here." I got up, turned away without looking back and left. Oh boy, it felt good.

His jaw dropped as I said these words, although he tried to shrug it off as though it didn't mean anything to him. But I knew it did. He knew it did. I could tell from the few interactions we had that he was a messed up guy. I don't know what it was that happened to him, but this man had some serious issues. Definitely some kind of complex so I said what I knew would hurt, just like how he did to me.

When Heroes Collide  - Bakugou X Reader Slow Burnजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें