I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." I said surely.

I continued searching in my room—and even at the living room and kitchen. I opened all the drawers, turned my blanket upside down...

"I'll help you find it later, Nee-san. We have to clean your wounds first." Hanabi sat at the couch with a clean cloth and basin filled with water. She instructed me to sit beside her.

As I stood, I remembered that Kiba-kun also told me about not answering my phone last night.

I walked over the couch and asked her, "Hanabi, m-maybe I have left it at home?"

"Nope. I have searched around your room last night while calling you." my sister confirmed.

"W-What if it isn't here?" I sat beside her. My sister reached for my right arm and began cleaning it.

"If it wasn't here, then where could it be?" she asked.

I began to get more worried. Breathe in, breathe out. Think...

Think...

"T-The school—" I stared at my sister. "Right! The school!"

"Probably—"

"We have to get there—aaaah! Ouch!" I cringed when a felt a shot of pain on my open wound.

"S-Sorry! Don't move too much, you know I'm cleaning your wounds." my sister said strictly.

I chuckled at my very caring sister.

"We'll get there after I treated you." she said.

I nodded.

She carefully cleaned my poor blood-stained arms and hands. It was too much blood but I still survived. I am still alive. W-What the hell?"

Finally, my sister wrapped my wrists with bandage. "You should never repeat this again, Nee-san. I'll make sure of it."

"H-Hai... Thank you, Hanabi. Uhmm..can we go search for my phone now? I-It wasn't only my phone that is missing. My phone is in my pouch so it literally means that m-my pouch is missing too. And there are some important things in it." I pleaded.

"Seriously?" she asked.

"Y-Yeah." Trying to convince my little sister.

"Let's go then—wait, would you mind changing your clothes first? People might think you've murdered somebody." she pointed at my shirt.

"Huh?" I looked down my shirt and I gasped. The sides of my shirt were fully soaked with dried blood. "R-Right, I'll go change right now!" I went back to my room and looked for a new set of shirt and jacket.

—At school—

She scratched her head. "Nee-san, where did you exactly lost it? Do you still remember?" Hanabi asked while we entered the school campus.

"Ano.. I-I think I left it on our table at the gym during the event." I explained.

"Okay, let's go!" Hanabi said.

While we were on our way to the gymnasium, my eyes caught a familiar person behind the bush. I stopped and went closer to the man who's back was facing me. He seems to be very busy with something.

"Nee-san? Where are you going? I thought we're heading to the gymnasium?" Hanabi halted from walking as well.

"S-Shino-kun?" I softly called. The man turned to face me.